- --March 2014--
- 2014/03/04: DemNow: "Help. They Broke My Arm. Egypt Police": Peace Activist Medea Benjamin Detained en Route to Gaza
- 2014/03/04: DCMG: No Explanation for Abuse and Deportation from Egypt, U.S. Activist Medea Benjamin Says
- 2014/03/04: UNZ: Designed to Fail -- Negotiations with Iran Become More Difficult
- 2014/03/04: AntiWar: Palestinians See Netanyahu’s AIPAC Speech as End to Peace Talks -- Speech Barely Touched on Palestine, Rehashed Old Demands
- 2014/03/04: AntiWar: Al-Qaeda Joins Other Syrian Rebels Amid [Army] Offensive Near Lebanon Border -- Army Aims to Oust Rebels From Key Town of Yabroud
- 2014/03/05: BBC: Gulf ambassadors pulled from Qatar
Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and the UAE have withdrawn their ambassadors from Qatar amid accusations that it has meddled in internal affairs
- 2014/03/05: WSWS: Erdogan crisis destabilises Turkey
- 2014/03/05: al Jazeera: Israel PM demands recognition of Jewish state
Benjamin Netanyahu says Palestinian leaders must also "abandon the fantasy of flooding Israel with refugees".
- 2014/03/04: Guardian(UK): Algeria shaken by drop in gas output
- 2014/03/04: Guardian(UK): Netanyahu says he is prepared to make 'a historic peace' with Palestinians
- 2014/03/04: Guardian(UK): Renegade al-Qaida faction [ISIL] withdraws from Syrian border town of Azaz
- 2014/03/04: Guardian(UK): Egyptian court bans Hamas amid crackdown on Muslim Brotherhood
- 2014/03/04: Guardian(UK): Egypt army chief Abdel Fatah al-Sisi indicates he will run for presidency
- 2014/03/04: CCurrents: Israel’s Dirty Role In The Syrian Crisis
- 2014/03/03: Yahoo:AP: Saudi calls on all foreign fighters to leave Syria
- 2014/03/04: AntiWar: AIPAC and Friends Explain Themselves -- With a little help from the Gray Lady
- 2014/03/03: AntiWar: Israeli Settlement Construction Rose 123 Percent in 2013
- 2014/03/03: AntiWar: Syria Christians Enter Submission Pact With Al-Qaeda -- Thousands Commit to Jizya Payments
- 2014/03/03: AntiWar: Al-Qaeda Returns to Damascus Refugee Camp, Stalling Food Aid
- 2014/03/03: AntiWar: Three US Drone Strikes Kill Four ‘Suspects’ in Yemen -- Yemeni Officials Claim Major Strike in Abyan
- 2014/03/04: al Jazeera: Egypt court bans Palestinian Hamas group
Assets seized and offices ordered shut as court rules to ban all activities of group that runs neighbouring Gaza Strip.
- 2014/03/03: al Jazeera: AIPAC: American watchdog or Israel's attack-dog?
The Lobby still has the capacity to get its way with the Obama administration
- 2014/03/04: al Jazeera: Bomb at Bahrain protest kills three policemen
Opposition groups condemn attack involving remotely detonated bomb during protest in village west of the capital Manama.
- 2014/03/04: al Jazeera: Clashes in Syria's Yarmouk halt aid delivery
Thousands of people living in blockaded district in southern Damascus are cut off from aid as truce collapses.
- 2014/03/04: al Jazeera: Netanyahu pushes back against Obama diplomacy
Israeli PM tells US president "Israel has been doing its part and... the Palestinians haven't" during White House visit.
- 2014/03/03: Asia Times: Nuclear deal hits history hurdles
- 2014/03/03: Asia Times: US keeps Middle East enemies too close
- 2014/03/03: Guardian(UK): Israeli air strike in Gaza kills two
- 2014/03/03: Guardian(UK): Spanish journalist [Marc Marginedas] freed by [ISIL] Syrian captors after six months
- 2014/03/03: Guardian(UK): Netanyahu and Obama clash on prospects for peace with Palestinians
- 2014/03/03: Guardian(UK): Iran sentences student activist to seven years in prison for 'peaceful protest'
- 2014/03/03: Guardian(UK): Egyptian police officers jailed for blogger's death during Mubarak revolt
Two men jailed for 10 years for torture and manslaughter of Khaled Said, whose killing rallied protesters in 2010
- 2014/03/02: AntiWar: AIPAC Dictates Terms on Future Iran Deal -- Demands Iran Dismantle Civilian Program
- 2014/03/02: AntiWar: Report: Obama Will Ask Israel to Stop Assassinating Iranian Scientists
- 2014/03/02: AntiWar: Obama: US Won’t Defend Israel if Peace Talks Fail
[...] Netanyahu needed to come up with an "alternative approach" if he isn’t going to accept the US framework, adding that if the talks fail the US won’t be able to protect Israel from "international isolation and possible sanctions."
- 2014/03/02: SST: ISIS imposes Dhimmitude on Syrian Christians
- 2014/03/03: al Jazeera: Hizmet unmasks 'undemocratic' Erdogan
As a prominent preacher, Fethullah Gulen has to express his opinion on politics, argues the author.
- 2014/03/02: Guardian(UK): Binyamin Netanyahu visit will test strains in US-Israel relationship
- 2014/03/01: Guardian(UK): Rouhani says Iran will not acquire nuclear weapons 'on principle'
President says religion forbids pursuit of WMDs - Generals told to let diplomacy do its work
- 2014/03/01: Guardian(UK): Hala Shukrallah, First woman to head a political party in Egypt says it proves the revolution has changed attitudes
- 2014/03/01: BBC: Turkey to close down 'Gulen' preparatory schools
Turkey's parliament has passed a bill to shut down private preparatory schools, many of which are run by influential preacher Fethullah Gulen.
- al Manar TV Lebanon
- 2014/03/01: AntiWar: Israel Lobby AIPAC Down, But Not Out - Yet
- 2014/03/01: BBC: Israelis shoot dead 'mentally ill' woman near Gaza barrier
- 2014/03/01: al Jazeera: Israel shoots dead woman near Gaza border
Fifty-year-old Palestinian woman killed by the Israeli military for walking too close to the border.
Israeli military shot dead a Palestinian woman in the Gaza Strip in an area near the border that Israel has declared a no-go zone for Palestinians, local hospital officials have said.
Gaza residents said it was not clear why 50-year-old Amna Qdaih, who they said suffered from a mental illness, was near the separation wall...
Last modified March 5, 2014