News Stories (April 2014)
- 2014/04/16: al Jazeera: Violence surges in Iraq's Anbar province
At least 16 civilians die when mortar shells land on houses in Fallujah, as suicide bombings kill soldiers in Ramadi.
- 2014/04/14: AntiWar: Militants Shut Down Iraq Dam Again; 57 Killed, 19 Wounded
- 2014/04/11: AntiWar: Disenfranchised: Iraq’s Anbar Province Treated Like a Territory -- Govt Excludes Anbar From Official Data on Violence
- 2014/04/11: AntiWar: 54 Killed, 26 Wounded in Iraq As Militants Try to Kill Deputy PM
- 2014/04/11: AntiWar: 86 Killed as al-Qaeda vs al-Qaeda Fighting Continues on Syria-Iraq Border -- Nusra Front Reclaims Key City as Reinforcements Arrive
- 2014/04/11: AntiWar: Al-Qaeda Seizes Anbar Dam, Floods Out Troops Near Fallujah -- Maliki Vows Revenge as Water Shortages Grow on the Euphrates
- 2014/04/12: BBC: Iraqi deputy PM al-Mutlaq convoy in clash with soldiers
Guards protecting the convoy of the Iraqi deputy prime minister have reportedly been involved in a fire fight with soldiers.
The shoot-out came as Saleh al-Mutlaq was travelling to the Abu Ghraib area west of Baghdad.
The details of the clash are unclear. Earlier reports suggested the attackers were militants posing as soldiers.
- 2014/04/11: al Jazeera: Scores killed in clashes in Iraq's Ramadi
At least 50 members of armed forces and seven fighters killed in fighting in provincial capital in latest violence.
- 2014/04/09: AntiWar: Bombers Strike Across Baghdad and Southern Iraq; 61 Killed, 197 Wounded
- 2014/04/07: AntiWar: Two Executed in Iraq; 52 Killed, 52 Wounded in Attacks
- 2014/04/07: Guardian(UK): Couples, drugs and Rummy: how an Iraq veteran sees the Unknown Known
Watching the new Errol Morris documentary about my old boss, Donald Rumsfeld, is a little like working for him: you feel nothing
- 2014/04/07: Asia Times: Obama moral compass changes on Iraq
- 2014/04/06: AntiWar: Al-Qaeda in Iraq Moves Into Abu Ghraib With Eyes on Baghdad -- Iraqi Capital in Reach for Islamist Fighters
- 2014/04/06: AntiWar: 42 Killed, 74 Wounded As Battles Approach Baghdad
- 2014/04/04: AntiWar: Iraq Clashes Drive Tally To 71 Killed, 48 Wounded
- 2014/04/03: AntiWar: 102 Killed, 62 Wounded As Militants Attack Iraq Army Base
- 2014/04/03: al Jazeera: Deadly clashes kill dozens near Iraqi capital
At least 45 people killed in clashes and blasts as Iraqi troops battle armed groups near Baghdad.
- 2014/04/02: AntiWar: Iraq Army Recruits Targeted; 54 Killed, 67 Wounded
- 2014/04/01: AntiWar: March Casualty Figures Released As 35 Killed, 24 Wounded in Iraq
- 2014/04/01: AntiWar: 1,886 Killed in Iraq in March as Violence Continues to Rise -- Over 2,000 Others Wounded
- 2014/04/01: Guardian(UK): Kawergosk refugee camp's hope in the face of tragedy
- 2014/03/28: FFF: TGIF: Obama’s Iraqi Fairy Tale
Last modified April 16, 2014