- 2014/05/24: CCurrents: A Pivot On The Peace Island by Kathy Kelly
- 2014/05/24: CCurrents: An Open Letter To Cecily McMillan
- 2014/05/16: CPunch: Inside Riker's Island -- A Note From Occupy Wall Street Activist Cecily McMillan
- 2014/05/10: WSWS: Protests force Condoleezza Rice to skip Rutgers University commencement speech
- 2014/05/06: DemNow: Occupy Wall Street on Trial: Cecily McMillan Convicted of Assaulting Cop, Faces Up to Seven Years
- 2014/05/05: TruthDig: Activist Cecily McMillan Found Guilty of Assaulting Police Officer
The Occupy Wall Street organizer, whom Truthdig columnist Chris Hedges profiled last month, was convicted Monday on charges of “assaulting” an NYPD officer who grabbed her breast as he removed her from a protest. She faces up to seven years in prison.
- 2014/04/29: WSWS: Anti-NATO protesters in Chicago sentenced to years in prison
- 2014/04/24: WSWS: Germany: The political bankruptcy of the peace movement
- 2014/04/15: DemNow: War Tax Resisters Mark April 15 with Call to Stop Military Spending
- 2014/03/01: WSWS: Documents confirm US military spying on antiwar groups
- 2014/02/21: WSWS: 84-year-old nun sentenced to prison for "sabotaging" US preparations for war
- 2014/02/19: EneNews: Nun sentenced to years in prison for nuclear site sabotage - Sister Rice pleads with judge to give her life behind bars, "Greatest honor you could give me" ...
- 2014/02/18: AntiWar: 84-Year-Old Nun Sentenced to 35 Months in Prison for Protest Break-In -- Says Her Only Regret Is She Didn't Do It 70 Years Ago
- 2014/02/18: BBC: Elderly nun sentenced over US nuclear site break-in
An elderly Catholic nun has been sentenced to nearly three years in prison for damage caused while breaking into a US nuclear defence site.
Sister Megan Rice, 84, and two other protesters cut fences and entered the Oak Ridge, Tennessee, facility, which processes and stores uranium.
The other two, Michael Walli and Greg Boertje-Obed, were sentenced to more than five years in prison.
The July 2012 incident prompted security changes at the Y-12 site.
"Please have no leniency with me," Sister Megan told the court at Tuesday's hearing in Knoxville.
"To remain in prison for the rest of my life would be the greatest gift you could give me."
During the trial Sister Megan, from Washington DC, said her only regret was waiting so long to take action.
The peace activists, members of the group Transform Now Plowshares, had initially faced up to 20 years in prison after their conviction last May.
Walli and Boertje-Obed received tougher sentences because they had longer criminal histories.
The trio were also found guilty of causing more than $1,000 (£643) of damage to government property.
After cutting a fence to enter the site, the three walked around, spray-painted graffiti, strung out crime-scene tape and chipped a wall with hammers.
They spent two hours inside.
The trio also sprayed the exterior of the complex with baby bottles containing human blood.
When a guard approached, they offered him food and started singing.
- 2014/02/18: CBC: Nun Megan Rice gets 3 years for Tennessee nuke plant break-in
Fellow activists Greg Boertje-Obed and Michael Walli sentenced to more than 5 years
An 84-year-old nun has been sentenced to nearly three years in prison for breaking into and defacing a storage bunker holding bomb-grade uranium in a peace demonstration at a Tennessee weapons plant.
Megan Rice was sentenced Tuesday along with activists Greg Boertje-Obed and Michael Walli. The men were sentenced to more than five years in prison.
- 2014/02/15: Guardian(UK): War-weary Britain: "The Iraq war was where it all started for me"
On the anniversary of the largest protest in the lead-up to the Iraq war, our readers explain how they came to reject Britain’s role in foreign conflict
- 2014/02/11: ACLiOL: Two Things Anti-War Activists in Canada Need To Do Better
- 2014/02/10: WSWS: NATO Three face prison terms in frame-up -- Jury acquits on terrorism, convicts on lesser charges
- 2014/02/06: NYTEx: Life in The National Security State
The news that Sister Megan Rice, an 84-year old nun and two army veterans, Michael Walli, 65, and Greg Boertje-Obed, 58, are about to receive prison sentences for challenging, no, for daring to protest America’s long love affair with nuclear weapons has drawn little or no media interest. They are scheduled to be sentenced on February 18th.
So what was their crime? Cutting a hole in a barbed wire fence in one of Oak Ridge’s ultra-secret National Security sites on July 28, 2012, and then crossing over into prohibited ground, hammering on the Highly Enriched Uranium Material Facility and spray painting some “Biblical graffiti,” leaving behind Isaiah’s subversive aphorism about beating swords into plowshares.
You would think that the break-in at the highly secretive, presumably well-protected Y-12 National Security Complex at the Oak Ridge, Tennessee, nuclear facility, their subsequent federal trial in Knoxville, why they did it yet failed to convince the jury, let alone the American public, would merit some serious attention from the Newspaper of Record, the handful of remaining inquisitive American newspapers, or network TV’s evening “news.” But no one was murdered or even wounded by a hail of bullets from vigilant guards. No one was captured and beaten. No one resisted arrest. The trio did what they did, and surrendered, willing and eager to explain.
- 2014/01/31: CCurrents: Latin America And The Caribbean Declared As A Zone Of Peace
Latin American and Caribbean heads of state adopted a landmark agreement pledging to make the region a "zone of peace."
Leaders from the 33-nation Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (Celac) signed the Havana Declaration, promising not to intervene in other countries’ internal affairs and resolve disputes peacefully.
The agreement followed the two-day Celac summit and recognised "the inalienable right of every state to choose its political, economic, social and cultural system."
- 2013/12/11: CCurrents: Let's Begin Ending War Again
- 2013/10/20: CDreams: War Resisters League Sings at the Cutting Edge of History
- 2013/10/14: WSWS: UK Ministry of Defence seeks to counter growing opposition to war
A document obtained by the Guardian under the Freedom of Information Act exposes the preoccupation of Britain’s ruling elite with how to prosecute future wars in the face of growing anti-war sentiment.
The study was written in November 2012 by a Ministry of Defence (MoD) think tank, the Development, Concepts and Doctrine Centre (DCDC) and entitled Risk: The Implications of Current Attitudes to Risk for the Joint Operational Concept.
- 2013/09/14: WMTC: war resister rodney watson: four years in sanctuary
- 2013/09/10: CCurrents: Global Peace March To Damascus Planned
- 2013/09/08: CCurrents: Protests Across US Ahead Of Syria Vote In Congress, Prayer, Fasting, Vigils Across The Globe
- 2013/09/08: PeaceAllianceWpg: Syrian peace will not come from US bombs
- 2013/09/06: CCurrents: Syria: Six Alternatives To Military Strikes
- 2013/09/06: CCurrents: I Am Not 'War- Weary' by Kelly Rae Kraemer
- 2013/09/06: CCurrents: Why Oppose A New War?
- 2013/09/06: CDreams: What Happened to the Anti-War Movement?
- 2013/09/05: AntiWar: Ten Reasons Why America Does Not Need to Go to War Over Syria
- 2013/09/04: CCurrents: The World Should Join In Call To Stop US War In Syria
- 2013/09/04: CCurrents: Which Americans Will Arrive First To Syria? Will 1000 American ‘human shields’ stop another criminal war?
- 2013/09/05: WSWS: Anti-war demonstrations in many German cities
- 2013/09/03: PaiD: An Immutable Truth ... from Howard Zinn
- 2013/09/02: CCurrents: Take Action Against A War On Syria
- 2013/09/02: CCurrents: How The U.S. Left Is Failing Over Syria
There are four pieces of information that all left groups have a duty to report about Syria, but they have either ignored or minimized:
- Obama presented zero evidence to back up his main justification for war: that the Syrian Government used chemical weapons against civilians.
- A top UN investigator, Carla Del Ponte , blamed a previous chemical weapons attack on the U.S.-backed rebels.
- Any attack on Syria, no matter how "limited," has a high risk of expanding into neighboring countries if Syria exercises its right as a sovereign nation to defend itself.
- A war against Syria will be a violation of international law, since it is not approved by the UN, and therefore will make President Obama a war criminal.
- 2013/09/02: WSWS: Demonstrations in Germany against Syria war drive
- 2013/09/02: WSWS: Australia: Thousands demonstrate against war on Syria
- 2013/09/02: WSWS: UK protesters speak out against Syrian war threat
- 2013/09/02: WSWS: No to war against Syria!
- 2013/08/31: PaulSGraham: VIDEO: Winnipeg Rally "No War with Syria"
- 2013/08/31: Guardian(UK): Syria: threat of US air strikes prompts global protests - in  pictures
- 2013/08/07: CCurrents: The Criminality Of Nuclear Deterrence by Professor Francis A. Boyle
- 2013/07/04: CSM: July 4 protests target NSA surveillance as Fourth Amendment violations
- 2013/06/24: CDreams: Anti-War Activists Targeted as 'Domestic Terrorists'
Shocking new revelations come as activists prepare to sue the U.S. military for unlawful spying
- 2013/06/21: ABC(Au):TDU: Realities of war never hit our TVs or our hearts
What happened to the passion for peace and the rage against war we saw in the Vietnam War eta? The media sanitising of war is immoral and wrong, writes Stuart Campbell.
- 2013/06/09: WMTC: amnesty international calls for release of war resister kimberly rivera: please write a letter in support
- 2013/05/27: CDreams: The Long March Towards Abolition of War -- The world is over-armed and peace is underfunded
- 2013/05/24: IndiaTimes: Barack Obama in heated exchanges with Code Pink anti-war protester
- 2013/05/23: CDreams: Anti-Drone Protester "Worth Paying Attention To" says Obama
CodePink's Medea Benjamin interrupts president's foreign policy speech with surprising results
- 2013/05/18: Independent(UK): The price of pacifism: Refusing to go to war is finally being recognised as a brave act
- 2013/05/15: CDreams: How the US Turned Three Pacifists into Violent Terrorists
- 2013/05/09: CDreams: Harden Not Your Hearts: Jury Finds 83-Year-Old Nun Guilty of Nuclear Break-In
- 2013/05/09: RawStory: 83-year-old nun gets 20 year sentence for ‘symbolic’ nuclear facility break-in
- 2013/05/08: BBC: Elderly nun convicted in US nuclear site break-in
An elderly Catholic nun and two peace activists have been convicted for damage they caused while breaking into a US nuclear defence site.
Sister Megan Rice, 83, Michael Walli, 64, and Greg Boertje-Obed, 56, admitted to cutting fences and entering the Y-12 site in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, which processes and stores uranium.
The July 2012 incident prompted security changes. Sister Megan said she regretted only having waited 70 years to take action.
A jury deliberated for two and a half hours before handing down its verdict. The three face up to 20 years in prison following their conviction for sabotaging the plant,
- The People’s Charter to Create a Nonviolent World
- 2013/05/07: al Jazeera: Epic fail: The neocon attempt to destroy the anti-Iran war movement
NIAC has increasingly troubled the war crowd, "so much so that it has become one of their favourite targets"
- 2013/05/07: CNN: Nun, two others in federal court for nuclear breach
Three peace activists face trial this week for breaching a nuclear weapons site - The incident last year took place at the Y-12 facility in Oak Ridge, Tennessee - If convicted, they could face 20 years in prison
- 2013/05/04: WSWS: Iraq war resister, a pregnant mother of four, sentenced to 10 months in prison
On Monday, US Army Private Kimberly Rivera, a pregnant mother of four, was sentenced by court martial to 10 months in prison and given a bad-conduct discharge for crossing into Canada in 2007 to avoid redeployment to Iraq.
- 2013/04/29: WMTC: war resister and peace activist kim rivera sentenced to 14 months in military prison
Iraq War Resister Kimberly Rivera sentenced to 14 months in military prison after deportation by Harper government
On Monday afternoon, during a court-martial hearing at Fort Carson, Colorado, Kimberly Rivera was sentenced to 14 months in military prison and a dishonourable discharge after publicly expressing her conscientious objection to the Iraq War while in Canada.
A pre-trial agreement capped the sentence at 10 months of confinement and a bad conduct discharge.
- 2013/04/25: CCurrents: Drones, Sanctions And The Prison Industrial Complex by Brian Terrell
- 2013/04/24: SciAm:CC: We Need a New Just-War Theory, Which Aims to End War Forever
- 2013/04/08: CCurrrents: A Peace Movement That Moves Toward Peace
- 2013/03/17: CCurrents: Why The Peace Movement Will Continue To Fail
- 2013/03/04: CCurrents: Against The Institution Of War
- 2013/02/16: CCurrents: Letter From A Drone Protester's Jail
- 2013/02/05: PostMedia: Federal Court of Canada rules in favour of U.S. war deserter
- 2013/02/04: WRSC: Federal Court rules in favour of U.S. war resister Jules Tindungan
- 2013/02/04: WMTC: federal court rules in favour of war resister jules tindungan
- 2013/01/07: WorkersWorld: Anti-war group [UNAC: United National Anti-war Coalition] calls for vigilance as battle for Syria continues
- 2012/12/28: DemNow: Outgoing Rep. Dennis Kucinich: With 2 Parties Failing U.S., It’s on Us to Build a "Culture of Peace"
- 2012/12/16: CDreams: The Road to Guantánamo and Back
- 2012/12/14: CCurrents: Bring Peace To Afghanistan
- 2012/12/14: DemNow: As Admin Preps "Enduring Presence" in Afghanistan, U.S. Peace Activists Build Ties to War’s Victims
- 2012/12/10: DemNow: A "Radical Idea" Reversed: Author Says Nobel Committee Has Betrayed Founder’s Anti-Military Intent
- 2012/10/08: AntiWar: Support Our Troops - Bring Them All Home Now
- 2012/10/07: CBC: Pakistanis, U.S. activists protest against drone strikes -- Motorcade heads to tribal region on tour from Islamabad to South Waziristan
- 2012/10/06: WSWS: Mass protest against threatened Turkey-Syria war
- 2012/09/30: BaltimoreSun: Time for major cuts in defense spending
Billions wasted on unnecessary programs should be redirected toward pressing domestic needs
- 2012/10/04: Guardian(UK): What the drones protest march in Waziristan aims to achieve
Sports star turned politician Imran Khan and civil rights lawyer Clive Stafford Smith will highlight US drones' innocent victims
- Voices of Conscience - Ann Wright
- 2012/09/20: CBC: Female U.S. war resister deported
Kim Rivera, a U.S. Army private and the first female U.S. war resister to flee to Canada, has left the country and is reported to be under arrest at Fort Drum in New York state.
- 2012/09/20: CBC: Female U.S. war resister, Kimberly Rivera, faces deportation today
Kim Rivera, the first female U.S. war resister to flee to Canada, is expected to be deported today.
A U.S. Army private from Texas who served in Iraq in 2006, Rivera came to Canada in February 2007 to avoid being deployed again.
Rivera sought refugee status and has been living in Toronto with her husband and her four children, two of whom were born in in Canada. However, in late August, she lost her legal fight to remain in the country.
- 2012/09/20: WpgFP: U.S. war resister to be deported today, supporters urge government to intervene
- 2012/09/17: G&M: Don’t deport war resister Kimberly Rivera by Desmond Tutu
- 2012/09/07: NDP: Allow conscientious objectors to stay in Canada
- 2012/09/13: WMTC: ndp: war resisters are welcome in canada
- 2012/09/05: WMTC: amnesty: kim rivera is a conscientious objector. let her stay.
- 2012/09/01: WMTC: rtod
- 2012/09/01: AntiWar: Time to ‘Speak Out, Not Hold Your Peace’ About the Kellogg-Briand Pact Outlawing War
- Wiki: Kellogg-Briand Pact
- 2012/08/30: TruthOut: Facing Grand Jury Intimidation: Fear, Silence and Solidarity
- 2012/08/30: CBC: Female war resister loses fight to stay in Canada -- Mother of four sought refuge after serving in Iraq
The first female soldier to flee the U.S. military for Canada to avoid the war in Iraq has been ordered deported, a spokeswoman for the War Resisters Support Campaign said Thursday.
Michelle Robidoux said that Citizenship and Immigration Canada has ordered Kimberly Rivera to leave the country by Sept. 20.
Robidoux said Rivera is meeting with her lawyers Thursday to determine her next course of action and was unavailable to comment on the deportation order.
"We are very upset about this decision," said Robidoux. "The cases of war resisters are not being looked at properly."
Robidoux said they will likely call on the government to grant the family humanitarian and compassionate consideration and allow them to stay.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada did not immediately return calls for comment.
- 2012/08/15: S&R: Oak Ridge activists challenge disarmament advocates to step up their games
- 2012/08/10: NYT: The Nun Who Broke Into the Nuclear Sanctum
- 2012/08/10: CCurrents: Soldiers Who Refuse To Kill
- 2012/08/09: CCurrents: Conscious Peace: World Peace Depends Upon Our Collective Consciousness
- 2012/08/09: CCurrents: Worldwide Movement To End Violence Gathers Momentum
- 2012/08/10: AntiWar: At Drone Convention, Zero Tolerance for Peace
- 2012/08/03: CBC: Protesters break in to U.S. nuclear weapons plant [Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge] -- 3 people arrested, including 82-year-old Catholic nun
- 2012/07/19: Rabble: Remembering Guernica, resisting war
- 2012/07/20: GRC: Blair, War, Olympic Deals and a Glimpse of Another Britain
- 2012/07/15: CCurrents: Abolishing War: One Last Step
- 2012/07/04: StopWar: Why is Amnesty International calling for more US/NATO war and occupation in Afghanistan?
What women all over Afghanistan really need is an end to war, real security, respect for the law, food, clean water, and access to education. That would be authentic progress.
- 2012/06/07: AntiWar: Out to the Wall
- 2012/06/03: AlterNet: Obama Uses Myths About Vietnam to Silence Anti-War Protest Today
- 2012/05/26: CSM: Memorial Day: Among post-9/11 veterans, deepening antiwar sentiment
This Memorial Day the Iraq war is over and the Afghanistan war is winding down, but they're weighing heavily on post-9/11 veterans, 33 percent of whom said they weren't worth the cost.
- 2012/05/25: CDreams: Why I Threw Back My 'Global War on Terror' Medal by Shawna Foster
- 2012/05/21: BBC: NATO Chicago protests target Boeing and Obama HQ
Protesters have demonstrated outside the Chicago offices of defence giant Boeing, a day after violent clashes by the venue of a NATO summit in the city.
- 2012/05/21: Guardian(UK): US war veterans tossing medals back at NATO was a heroic act
NATO summit leaders should have been forced to watch the moving protest of the former troops chucking their medals away
- 2012/05/18: AntiWar: Walk to the NATO Summit: Striding Toward Peace
- 2012/05/17: WMTC: the whole world is watching: veterans to return medals in nato/poverty protests this weekend
- 2012/05/14: CCurrents: Thou Shalt Not Kill
- 2012/05/16: Rabble: Picasso's Guernica as symbol of the peace movement
- 2012/05/16: DemNow: FBI Crackdown on Anti-War Groups Targets Chicano, Brown Beret Activist Carlos Montes
- 2012/05/16: WMTC: open letter to jason kenney: "history is tapping our shoulders"
- 2012/05/16: WMTC: canadian council of churches calls on jason kenney to let u.s. war resisters stay in canada
- 2012/05/14: iWatchNews: Public overwhelmingly supports large defense spending cuts
To trim the deficit, Americans favor much deeper reductions at the Pentagon than their leaders do
- 2012/05/10: AntiWar: Survey: Huge Majority of Americans Support Defense Cuts, Given Budget Data
- 2012/05/08: WMTC: may 15 is the internaional day for conscientious objection: your help is needed
- 2012/04/12: al Jazeera: The Oracles of Pennsylvania Avenue
A two-part series looking at three individuals and their 25-year, 24/7 peace vigil in front of the White House.
- 2012/04/02: GRC: A Policy of Peace Instead of War in the Iran Conflict
An Immediate End to Sanctions and Threats of War - A Declaration from the German Peace Movement and Peace Researchers
- 2012/03/28: BAR: UNAC: A Real Anti-War Movement in the Belly of the Beast
The United States finally has an anti-war movement that can’t be bamboozled by President Obama’s "humanitarian" mass murder. The United National Anti-War Coalition has broken decisively with those who would give a pass to Washington to wage illegal wars against Syria and Iran -- as Obama did in Libya. "Our task as Americans is to dismantle from within the monstrous apparatus of imperial aggression. Period." No exceptions.
- 2012/03/19: TruthOut: Standing Up for Peace
- 2012/03/18: AlterNet: Why War Isn't Inevitable: A Scientist Studies the Secret to Peaceful Societies
- 2012/03/12: AntiWar: If Killing Is Wrong, Then War Is Too
- 2012/02/27: Guardian(UK): The anti-war movement's dilemma -- and how to resolve it
- 2012/02/21: SciAm:CC: Let’s Begin Talking about How to End Wars
- 2012/02/20: GRC: Silencing The Critics
- 2012/02/16: AntiWar: Why Peace? Why Not!
- 2012/02/10: CCurrents: Learning From La Venezuela
- 2012/01/28: CCurrents: Activist Priest, 83,In Solitary Confinement
- 2012/01/24: DVoice: War and Being and Nothingness
- 2012/01/13: CDreams: The (Remote-Controlled) War at Home -- How activists are trying to bring the moral implications of drone warfare to light
- 2012/01/13: CCurrents: When The World Outlawed War: David Swanson's New Book
- Tom Hayden - The Peace and Justice Resource Center
- 2012/01/11: TomHayden: Preventing the Coming War with Iran
- 2011/12/12: P&S: Dumb, Dumber and Doonesbury
- 2011/12/13: Guardian(UK): Stop The War: A Graphic History - in  pictures
- 2011/12/05: al Jazeera: Q&A: Gene Sharp -- Al Jazeera talks with the quiet but influential scholar of non-violent struggle.
Gene Sharp, a humble, 83-year-old intellectual, has been credited with promoting non-violent struggle around the world.
Sharp's book From Dictatorship to Democracy, a how-to guide for toppling dictators first published in 1993, has been translated into 24 different languages. From Burma to Bosnia, and more recently this February in Cairo's Tahrir Square, protesters distributed Sharp's 94-page manual as a guide for overthrowing autocrats.
To many despots, Sharp's works are threatening. The president of Venezuela, Hugo Chavez, has denounced his books. In 2008, the Iranian government produced an animated video portraying Sharp as a CIA agent, hobnobbing in the White House with John McCain and George Soros.
According to a cable written by the US embassy in Damascus - and later published by WikiLeaks - Syrian dissidents trained non-violent protesters by reading Sharp's writings. Another leaked cable from 2007 revealed that Burmese authorities thought Sharp was part of an attempt to "bring down" the country's government.
He was jailed for protesting conscription in the Korean War in 1953, witnessed China's Tianamen Square uprising in 1989, and snuck into a rebel camp in Myanmar in the 1990s.
Now, a frail Sharp lives in an East Boston townhouse which is also home to his Albert Einstein Institution, a non-profit organisation that studies non-violent resistance.
- 2011/12/02: DemNow: "Hancock 38" Defendants Found Guilty for Bold Army Base Protest Against U.S. Drone Attacks Abroad
- 2011/11/03: CCurrents: Comrades In Arms [Book Excerpt] RADICAL PEACE: People Refusing War by William T. Hathaway
- 2011/10/23: CCurrents: Moving From A War Economy To A Peace Economy
- 2011/10/20: CBC: Protest at Bush speech could prompt road closures
- 2011/10/17: CDreams: A Dagger Pointed at Maryland's Peace Movement
- 2011/09/14: TPR: The Security State Is Watching, But The Peaceful Revolution Must Continue
- 2011/09/15: NewInt:B: Action at the arms fair
- 2011/09/03: BBC: Demonstrations have been held on the South Korean island of Jeju to protest at construction of a new naval base.
- 2011/08/27: ITT: Turning Strategy into Victory
How CODEPINK convinced America’s mayors to adopt their first antiwar resolution since the Vietnam War.
- 2011/08/18: DVoice: The Courage to Dissent
- MIC at 50 - A National Conference in Charlottesville, Va.
- 2011/08/11: TMV: Whither the Anti-War Movement?
- 2011/07/30: WMTC: good news! another positive federal court decision for u.s. war resister in canada
- 2011/07/25: AntiWar: The Left’s Antiwar Movement in Monterey: Down but Not Out
- 2011/07/22: NiemanWatchdog: At least 1,400 arrests for antiwar dissent, but who’s counting? Not the press.
The national news media almost totally ignore homefront protests of the Afghanistan war, killer drones, torture, and more, regardless of their newsworthiness. By its lack of coverage, isn’t the press thus helping perpetuate an endless war?
- 2011/07/11: TruthOut: Carlos Montes and the Security State: A Cautionary Tale
- 2011/07/08: AlterNet: Being Anti-War Is Not a Crime -- But That's Not Stopping the FBI From Raiding Activists' Homes
- Come Home America
- 2011/07/06: CCurrents: Is A Broader Peace Movement Here? One That Can Really Stop U.S. Militarism?
- 2011/07/06: DVoice: Is a Broader Peace Movement Here? One That Can Really Stop U.S. Militarism?
- 2011/06/22: CCurrents: Remembering Brian Haw
- 2011/06/21: WiC: US mayors call for end to wars and nuclear weapons
- 2011/06/20: Guardian(UK): Brian Haw: protesting to the end
To some Brian Haw was a hero, to others an unruly irritant. But there is no denying the impact his very visible protest made
Parliament Square can be a harsh place. On the eastern side of its stately traffic island, where Brian Haw spent most of the last 10 years, there is no shade. There is no protection from wind or rain, apart from the small battered protesters' tents that cling to the pavement; and it is hard to protest effectively from inside a zipped-up tent.
- 2011/06/17: DVoice: Will U.S. Mayors Vote Against War?
- 2011/06/15: AlterNet: Vision: An Antiwar Movement That Puts Peace Over Politicians
- 2011/05/12: AntiWar: Stop Knocking the Peace Movement! It’s alive and growing -- and poorly reported
- 2011/04/07: SperoForum: [link to 222k pdf] Did Obama's Election mean the End of the Anti-War Movement?
The anti-war movement in the US may have become more anti-Republican than antiwar since 2003, say U-Michigan researchers.
- 2011/05/03: BAR: The Phony Anti-War Movement
"Once Obama was safely in the White House, the anti-war movement was all but dismantled, having served its partisan political purpose."
Two university researchers have proven, by the numbers, what the real anti-war movement has known for years: that many of the folks that turned out in such large numbers to demonstrate against America’s wars when George Bush was president, were really only opposed to Republican wars. Thus, when Barack Obama captured the White House, the so-called anti-war movement largely collapsed.
- 2011/04/15: BBC: Brian Haw loses Parliament Square camp court appeal
Peace campaigner Brian Haw faces being evicted from an area of grass in Parliament Square after losing an appeal against a possession order.
Mayor of London Boris Johnson won High Court possession orders last month after the Court of Appeal backed his bid to remove the protest camp.
- 2011/04/07: SperoForum: Did Obama's Election mean the End of the Anti-War Movement?
The anti-war movement in the US may have become more anti-Republican than antiwar since 2003, say U-Michigan researchers.
- 2011/03/29: CCurrents: Prison For Peacemakers In Tacoma, Washington
- 2011/03/29: DVoice: Two Grandmothers, Two Priests, and Nun Visit Nuclear Base -- Prison for Peacemakers in Tacoma WA
- 2011/03/25: DVoice: Instead of Bombing Dictators, Stop Selling Them Bombs
- 2011/03/24: AlterNet: The Fundamental Need to Fight America's Leaders' Obscene Preoccupation with War and Empire
- 2011/03/21: Britannica:B: What Ever Happened to the Antiwar Movement?
- 2011/03/20: Guardian(UK): Anti-war groups protest against anti-Gaddafi air strikes
- 2011/03/16: HuffPo: How Your Taxpayer Dollars Subsidize Pro-War Movies and Block Anti-War Movies
- 2011/03/16: AntiWar: Occupy Washington to End the Wars
- 2011/02/28: CCurrents: No Other Way Out by Chris Hedges
We will not stop the war in Afghanistan and Iraq, we will not end this slaughter of innocents, unless we are willing to rise up as have state workers in Wisconsin and citizens on the streets of Arab capitals. Repeated and sustained acts of civil disobedience are the only weapons that remain to us. Our political system is as broken and dysfunctional as that once presided over in Egypt by Hosni Mubarak. We must be willing to accept personal discomfort, to put our bodies in the way of the machine, if we hope to expose the lies of war and blunt the abuse by corporate profiteers. To do nothing, to refuse to act, to be passive, is to be an agent of injustice and to be complicit in murder. The U.N. report estimates that during the two-year period it studied almost 1,800 children were killed or injured in conflict-related violence, but numbers can never transmit the reality of such suffering.
On March 19, the eighth anniversary of the invasion of Iraq, I will join a coalition of U.S. military veterans from Iraq Veterans Against the War, March Forward!, Vietnam Veterans Against the War and Veterans for Peace who will gather in Lafayette Park across from the White House. The veteran-led action will result in numerous arrests, as did a Dec. 16 protest organized by Veterans for Peace. It will seek, because it is all we have left, to use our bodies to challenge the crimes of the state.
It does not matter if this protest or any other does not work. It does not matter if we are 500, as we were in December, or 50. It does not matter if the event is covered in the press or ignored. It matters only that those of us who believe in the rule of law, who find the organized sadism of war and militarism repugnant and who seek to protect the sanctity of life rise up. If we do not defend these virtues they will be extinguished. No one in power will defend them for us. Protests are rending the fabric of the U.S.-backed dictatorships in Tunisia, Yemen, Jordan, Egypt and Libya. They are flickering to life in the U.S. in states like Wisconsin. And they are beginning to convulse Iraq. Iraqis, for whom eight years of war and occupation have brought nothing but misery and death, are surrounding government buildings to denounce their puppet government. They are rising up to demand jobs, basic services including electricity, a reining in of our mercenary killers, some of whom have been used to quell restless crowds, and a right to determine their own future. These protesters are our true allies, not the hired thugs we pay to repress them.
- 2011/01/27: HuffPo: Where Has the Antiwar Movement Gone?
- 2010/12/21: FBN: FBI delivers subpoenas to four more anti-war, solidarity activists
- 2010/12/24: FBN: Protest at Site of Grand Jury
Chicago, IL -- 75 people entered the lobby of the Dirksen Federal Building here, Dec. 23, to make a statement to U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald and the FBI. They were there because four more anti-war and international solidarity activists have been subpoenaed to appear before a grand jury.
- 2010/12/23: al Jazeera: Don't go, don't kill! -- The repeal of don't ask, don't tell for gays in the US military is not a positive step for equality, activist says
- 2010/12/24: DVoice: Why Johnny Can’t Protest: Reflections on December 16th
- 2010/12/19: CCurrents: Let It Burn?
- 2010/12/13: TruthDig: No Act of Rebellion Is Wasted
- 2010/12/01: WiC: Real hope is about doing something
- 2010/11/24: OpenDem: ‘N-A-T-O? What’s that stand for?’
How can we cheer NATO for promising equality for women in an institution we deplore? We are saying: ‘military security’ is an oxymoron. Women ascribe a totally different meaning to the word security
- 2010/11/20: BBC: Thousands march in London against Afghanistan war
Anti-war demonstrators have taken to the streets of London calling for an end to the Afghanistan conflict.
Thousands of protesters, led by military families, marched from Hyde Park to Trafalgar Square.
Organisers of the Afghanistan Time to Go rally say the crowd was 10,000-strong at Trafalgar Square. The police would not give an estimate.
- 2010/11/02: CCurrents: Sabotage On The Rise
- 2010/11/02: CBC: White poppy denigrates remembrance: Legion
The Royal Canadian Legion is upset over a new campaign launched by the Island Peace Committee on Prince Edward Island.
The Legion wants the group to stop distributing white poppies. The Legion's red-poppy campaign is underway, selling the traditional symbol in remembrance of those who died in war.
- 2010/10/17: PostMedia: Activists: Canada's immigration policy towards U.S. army deserters violates refugee law
- 2010/10/17: LFR: It's illegal: US army deserters shafted by Conservative government
- 2010/10/11: WMTC: say it: canadian and u.s. troops in afghanistan are cannon fodder (updated with video)
- 2010/10/08: TSun: Anti-military video blasted
- 2010/10/05: UrukNet: Dissent in the age of Obama by Cindy Sheehan
Peace activists had high hopes of an Obama presidency only to face the harsh realities of FBI raids and intimidation.
- 2010/10/01: BuckDog: American War Resisters Will Be Extradited From Canada Because Liberal Members Of Parliament Don't Care!
- 2010/10/01: CreekSide: Awol Libs defeat war resisters bill [C-440]
For want of just eight more votes, Bill C-440 - the war resisters bill to give protection to US Iraq war deserters - went down to defeat on Wednesday 136 to 143. The following eighteen Libs expedited that defeat by going awol on the vote :
Michael Ignatieff, Jean-Claude D'Amours, Ruby Dhalla, Kirsty Duncan, Marc Garneau, Albina Guarnieri, Dominic LeBlanc, Keith Martin, John McCallum, Brian Murphy, Anthony Rota, Judy Sgro, Michelle Simson, Frank Valeriote, Joe Volpe, Bryon Wilfert, and Lise Zarac, with Lib Alan Tonks voting with the Cons against it.
Special mention goes out to Lib Frank Valeriote who was there at 6:25pm for the Criminal Acts Records vote five minutes before the vote on the war resisters bill, and who was on his feet again at 6:42 making a speech in favour of "revitalizing parliamentary proceedings through reforming question period" five minutes after it. Yet somehow Frank went awol in the middle here for conscientious objectors who don't want to fight the US war on terra.
- 2010/09/29: Guardian(UK): Canada wants US war resisters to stay
Bill C-440 is before parliament to legislate what most Canadians approve: sanctuary for US soldiers who object to the Iraq war
- 2010/09/24: RawStory: Nationwide FBI terrorism raids target anti-war activists
- 2010/09/26: RawStory: Activists: FBI raids an ‘attempt to intimidate anti-war movement’
- PAW: Peace Alliance Winnipeg
- 2010/09/26: PSGraham: Peace Alliance Winnipeg kicks off anti-Afghanistan mission petition campaign
- 2010/09/14: P&S: Jackhammer the Message Home
- 2010/09/13: OpenDem: How can we build an effective global peace movement?
If we are to present a credible challenge to the system of interlocking interests that combine to entrench militarism, our movement needs to be able to engage with that complexity. Celia McKeon, Judith Eversley and Steve Whiting join the conversation.
- APN: Americans for Peace Now
- 2010/08/03: PostMedia: War resisters oppose 'mean-spirited' regulations
A Canadian war resisters support organization is calling a new rule that requires immigration officers to contact government officials each time a military deserter applies for refugee status in Canada "unnecessary and mean-spirited."
- 2010/07/29: CCurrents: Peace Movement Adopts New Comprehensive Strategy
- National Peace Conference
- 2010/07/21: WMTC: tonight in toronto: dinner and a movie in support of war resisters support campaign
- 2010/07/10: WMTC: michael moore says let them stay
- 2010/07/08: Guardian(UK): The death of activism
We've plenty to protest about in the US, but on the streets there is no dissent. Why is our liberal mood so paralytic?
- 2010/07/07: CCurrents: 36 Nonviolent Nuke Resisters Arrested At Y-12 National Security Complex
- 2010/06/08: Rabble: U.S. war resisters: Warriors with conscience
- 2010/06/03: DVoice: The Real War Heroes -- _Radical Peace: People Refusing War_ by William T. Hathaway
- 2010/05/24: Salon:GG: The absence of debate over war
- 2010/05/23: USAToday: In Canada once more, U.S. troops fleeing a war
- 2010/05/21: TP: [Rep. Alan] Grayson (D-FL) introduces ‘War Is Making You Poor Act’ to highlight cost of ongoing wars
- 2010/05/12: AlterNet: 5 Ways to Achieve World Peace and Prosperity -- Yes, It's Possible
- 2010/04/20: CCurrents: Anybody's Son Will Do
- 2010/04/14: DVoice: Coping with Capitalism -- Why a Truly Anti-War Movement Begins (and Ends) at Home
- 2010/04/07: AlterNet: We Can't Keep Funding What We Believe Is Evil
- 2010/03/22: Guardian(UK): President Obama, war is bad romance
Students taking part in an anti-war protest in Washington DC at the weekend felt jilted by the man they helped get elected
- 2010/03/21: TP: While Giving Obsessive Coverage To The Tea Parties, Media Ignored Larger Anti-War Rally
- 2010/03/20: CNN: Anti-war protesters rally near White House; 5 arrested
- 2010/03/08: CCurrents: Pacifists Undermining Quest For World Peace?
- 2010/03/02: WMTC: u.s. peace activist enters canada, world keeps turning
- 2010/02/23: DemNow: Phyllis Bennis on Ending the US War in Afghanistan
- OpenDem: From War to Peace...a series of articles...
- 2010/02/24: OpenDem: Reconceptualising war
What if defeating the enemy was the justification for war, but not its real goal? What if its goal was a certain kind of power-brokerage? Those who wish to put an end to wars would have to alter their response accordingly...
- 2010/02/16: Guardian(UK): Why is our anti-war outrage muted at this Afghan folly?
Even the doubters seem to be giving this military intervention one final chance, but there is little confidence it will succeed
- 2010/02/01: CDreams: Howard Zinn’s Mirror
- 2010/01/16: CBC: War deserter [U.S. Army Specialist Cliff Cornell] released from U.S. prison
An American soldier who had been serving time in a U.S. military prison for desertion -- and who was granted an early release on Saturday -- said he stands by his decision to oppose the war in Iraq and wants to return to Canada.
"If I had to do it again I would, because I'm not killing innocent people," Cliff Cornell told CBC News on the phone from Fayetteville, N.C. "I still stand behind my decision 100 per cent.
"I am going to spend a few months with my family and then try to head back to Canada. I have friends up there and a whole community for me to come back to," he said.
- 2009/12/15 TPR: Protest? What Protest?
- 2009/10/24: BBC: Protesters rail against 'futile' war
As the war in Afghanistan enters its ninth year, thousands of people have gathered in central London to protest against what they say is a futile and unwinnable conflict.
The organisers of the march say the protest reflects a sea change not only in public opinion, but in the views of military rank and file, who now want UK troops brought home, they claim.
The Stop The War Coalition says there is deep resentment among the lower ranks who feel they are locked into a war that has no clear justification or exit strategy.
- 2009/10/19: CBC: War resister takes refuge in Vancouver church
- 2009/10/14: DJID: Attorney Reports Human Rights Abuses of GI Resisters
- 2009/09/03: OLJ: "There is no path to peace. Peace is the path"
- 2009/08/27: Google:AFP: Sheehan returns to rebuke Obama
- 2009/07/13: OLJ: Cindy Sheehan takes on the ‘Robber Class’
- 2009/07/10: WMTC: internal documents show harper govt obsessed with war resisters
- 2009/07/07: CCurrents: Cindy Sheehan: A "Class" Act
- 2009/07/07: NewScientist: Winning the ultimate battle: How humans could end war
- 2009/07/03: TPR: A Plan to End the Wars
There are a million and one things that people can do to try to end the U.S. wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan, and to prevent new ones in Iran and elsewhere, as well as to close U.S. military bases in dozens of other nations around the world.
Certain people are skilled at or interested in particular approaches, and nobody should be discouraged from contributing to the effort in their preferred ways. Far too often proposals to work for peace are needlessly framed as attacks on all strategies except one.
- 2009/07/02: AlterNet: 'There Is No Way I Will Deploy to Afghanistan' -- Seeds of Dissent in the U.S. Military Are Growing
- 2009/06/16: AlterNet: A Movement to Make Obama Bring an End to War
- 2009/06/13: AlterNet: Rules of Disengagement: What You Can Do End Illegal Wars
[Book Review] _From Rules of Disengagement: The Politics and Honor of Military Dissent_ by by Marjorie Cohn and Kathleen Gilberd
- 2009/06/09: MiamiHerald: Bush's Dallas home becomes site of war protest
- 2009/05/05: SlashDot: Seven Arrested After Protesting Army Video Game Recruiting Center
- 2009/04/14: OLJ: The state of the peace movement [nearly dead]
- 2009/04/03: Rabble: Why we say 'No' to NATO
- 2008/12/20: Canoe: Shoe-tossing rally planned for T.O., Montreal
- 2008/10/18: CTV: Rallies held to call for end to Afghan war
Anti-war activists are taking to the streets in more than a dozen cities across the country this weekend to demand an end to Canada's mission in Afghanistan.
- 2008/09/20: TruthDig: When Refusing to Kill Has a Higher Sentence Than Murder
- 2008/09/05: Guardian(UK): Anti-war demonstrators face off with police at the Republican convention
- 2008/09/03: CNN: Quaker tries to outmaneuver military recruiters
Quaker woman tries to steer H.S. students away from joining military - School official bans her from high school, saying he didn't like her message - Recruiters now limited to 2 visits per semester, can't eat lunch with students
- 2008/08/28: Guardian(UK): Hundreds of anti-war demonstrators march on the Democratic convention hall
- 2008/07/29: CCurrents: What Happened To The Anti War Movement Of The 1960's?
Are we now trying to change things in the wrong way? What could be the right way to change things?
- 2008/06/12: Google:AP: Bush to face huge anti-war demonstration in Italy
- 2008/06/02: WMTC: today: day of action in support of iraq war resisters in canada
- 2008/06/04: AntiWar: Winter Soldiers Hit the Streets
- 2008/06/04: AntiWar: Collateral Damage - What it really means when America goes to war
Prophets are not those who speak of piety and duty from pulpits -- few people in pulpits have much worth listening to -- but are the battered wrecks of men and women who
return from Iraq and speak the halting words we do not want to hear, words that we must listen to and heed to know ourselves. They tell us war is a soulless void. They
have seen and tasted how war plunges us into perversion, trauma, and an unchecked orgy of death. And it is their testimonies that have the redemptive power to save us from ourselves.
- 2008/05/22: Guardian(UK): No cause for celebration
Instead of an 'armed forces day' and other suggestions for sexing up the military, we need a new foreign policy - one that doesn't involve starting wars
- 2008/05/23: PDN: Let's Remember to Not Start Another War - Memorial Day is a Sad Milestone . . . And a Crossroads
- 2008/05/24: WMTC: Veterans for Peace barred from U.S. national memorial day parade
- 2008/05/22: CPunch: CPR for the Antiwar Movement
- 2008/05/17: AntiWar: Soldier [Sergeant Matthis Chiroux] Refuses Iraq Tour, Citing 'Stomach-Churning Horrors'
- 2008/05/16: Google:AFP: US soldier [Matthis Chiroux] refuses to serve in 'illegal Iraq war'
- 2008/05/16: AntiWar: Martin Luther King's Speech Against the Vietnam War
- 2008/05/15: NYT: An Antiwar March Through Towns Unused to One
- 2008/05/11: TruthDig: Taking a Stand Against War
- 2008/05/02: ThinkP: Thousands of dockworkers protest Iraq war
2008/05/02: InformedComment: 35 Killed in Diyala Bombings - 10,000 Longshore Workers Strike against Iraq War - Sadr Rebuffs UIA Delegation - Sami al-Haj Released
- 2008/05/01: CD: The Long March of the Canadian Peace Movement
- 2008/05/01: CBC: U.S. West Coast cargo traffic stopped by anti-war protests
- 2008/04/23: TSG: Antiwar T-Shirt Lawsuit - Parents sue over use of dead soldier son's name on garment
- 2008/04/18: CCurrents: Wars Begin In High School Cafeterias
- 2008/04/14: DVoice: Church Theatre vs Street Theatre: No Mercy For Anti-War Protestors On Easter
- 2008/04/16: AntiWar: Army 'Rewards' Outspoken Antiwar Soldier
- 2008/04/09: PRWatch: Why Winter Soldier Got the Cold Shoulder
- 2008/03/22: DJID: Winter Soldiers Sound Off
- 2008/03/26: CPunch: The Winter Soldier Hearings and Indy Media
- 2008/03/25: CCurrents: Winter Soldiers Sound Off
- 2008/03/25: CDreams: Winter Soldier 2008: A Marine Mom's Eyewitness Account of the Testimony
- 2008/03/23: NYT: War Dodgers
Next month, the Canadian House of Commons is slated to debate a resolution that would allow conscientious objectors "who
have refused or left military service related to a war not sanctioned by the United Nations" to apply for residency in Canada.
- 2008/03/22: AntiWar: Winter Soldiers Move Toward GI Resistance
- 2008/03/21: CDreams: TruthDig: Winter Soldier Marches Again
- 2008/03/19: CDreams: BaltimoreSun: Winter Soldiers - Nation must heed the horrifying words of those who have returned from the front lines
- 2008/03/21: FPB: What anti-war movement?
- 2008/03/20: GIR: Winter Soldier 2008: War experiences in Iraq and Afghanistan
- 2008/03/20: AP: War Protesters Halt Traffic, Recall Dead
- 2008/03/19: FAIR: Why Are Winter Soldiers Not News?
- 2008/03/19: DeutscheWelle: Iraq War Fatigue Poses Challenge for German Peace Movement
- 2008/03/19: AntiWar: Iraq: Five Years After the Conquest - A peaceful Palm Sunday in the shadow of war
- 2008/03/18: CDreams: Iraq Winter Soldier Hearings: Victory for Independent Media
- 2008/03/18: WMTC: Grandmothers for peace arrested while trying to enlist
- 2008/03/17: IPSNews: Anti-War Grannies Arrested Trying to Enlist
- 2008/03/17: Guardian(UK): [Winter Soldiers] 'It's not so much about the mission anymore'
- 2008/03/17: AntiWar: Smearing Obama - Every antiwar candidate has to endure the same hate campaign
- 2008/03/13: PRWatch: Iraq Veterans Against the War Conduct and Cover their 'Winter Soldier' Investigation
- 2008/03/15: WP: Winter Soldier: Bitter Truths From Those Who Know
- 2008/03/15: DJID: [Winter Soldier] US/IRAQ: Rules of Engagement "Thrown Out the Window"
- 2008/03/14: DJID: [Winter Soldier] US/IRAQ: "We Reacted Out of Fear, and With Total Destruction"
- 2008/03/15: AfricAsia: Thousands protest over Iraq, Afghanistan in London, Glasgow
- 2008/03/14: OLJ: Can we be antiwar but pro-troops?
- 2008/03/10: AngryBear: 'Winter Soldiers' Hearings [March 13 to March 16]
- 2008/03/13: WMTC: Iraq war resister leaves Canada, surrenders to army
- 2008/03/02: Times(UK): Patriot missiles: Iraq Veterans Against the War
After Vietnam, American veterans testified to the atrocities they witnessed. Now soldiers who fought in Iraq and Afghanistan are about to do the same [March 13-17]
- 2008/03/04: CPunch: If It Wasn't On Oprah or Fox News, How Could Hillary Have Known?
Hillary Clinton and many other members of Congress claim that their support of the invasion of Iraq was based on faulty intelligence reports. How could they dispute
the research and analysis of all those experts, so well trained and experienced in their fields?
Well, apart from the fact that American intelligence agencies and their reports were by no means of one opinion (one well-publicized CIA paper, for example, predicted
all manner of devastating consequences which could result from an invasion and occupation) ...
Apart from the fact that there were several public statements, including some on American TV, from Saddam Hussein's deputy prime minister, and other statements
made by Iraqi scientists to American media and to American intelligence that Iraq no longer had any weapons of mass destruction ...
Apart from the fact that UN nuclear inspectors had determined before the war that Iraq did not have a nuclear weapons program ...
Apart from the fact that Colin Powell, speaking in February 2001 of US sanctions on Iraq, said: "And frankly they have worked. He [Saddam Hussein] has not
developed any significant capability with respect to weapons of mass destruction. He is unable to project conventional power against his neighbors."
Apart from all that, this question must be asked: What did the millions of Americans who marched against the war before it began know that all those members of Congress didn't know? At a minimum, they knew that nothing the
Bush administration had told them came anywhere close to justifying dropping bombs on the innocent people of Iraq. They also knew that nothing the Bush administration had told them could be trusted.
All it took to reach this advanced stage of awareness was not being born yesterday.
- 2008/02/28: CCurrents: [Book Plug] Francis A. Boyle's "Protesting Power - War, Resistance And Law"
- 2008/02/12: CPunch: Shame On Us All - Antiwarriors: Divided and Conquered
- 2008/02/08: Rabble: The courage to resist: war resisters fight to stay
- 2008/02/08: AntiWar: Election 2008: What's a Peacenik to Do?
- 2008/02/02: BBC: Anti-war group supports Obama - A leading US anti-war movement, MoveOn.org, opts to support Barack Obama for the presidency
- 2008/01/29: CPunch: The Ordeal of the Blackwater Protesters - Secret Trials and Criminal Convictions
- 2008/01/25: WMTC: let them stay: today and tomorrow, u.s. and canada
- 2008/01/23: WMTC: "I Object": Three Generations of War Resistance
- 2008/01/21: CDreams: The Fierce Urgency of Now by Cindy Sheehan
- 2008/01/18: CDreams: HuffPo: Contrary to the Headlines: There Will Be No Retreat From the Anti-War Movement on Iraq
- 2008/01/17: CDreams: Politico: Anti-War Groups Retreat
- 2007/12/13: AntiWar: Antiwar Left Should Look Beyond Democrats
- 2007/12/07: AlterNet: This Generation's 'Winter Soldiers' to Expose Horrific Reality of U.S. Occupation
- 2007/12/05: AntiWar: Peace Group Barred From Florida Schools
- 2007/12/01: CDreams: Nation: How the Peace Movement Can Win: A Field Guide
- 2007/11/30: CDreams: Come Together, Right Now!
- 2007/11/27: WSWS: Another slap in the face to antiwar voters: Democrats embrace former Iraq commander
- 2007/11/26: HuffPo: Getting Back to Business...Ending the War in Iraq by Rep. John Murtha
- 2007/11/17: AntiWar: Canada Shuts Doors to US War Resisters
- 2007/11/14: Olympian: Convoys exit port amid violent confrontation
- 2007/11/13: CCurrents: Faith And War by Cindy Sheehan
- 2007/11/12: ThinkP: Anti-war Iraq vets banned from Veterans Day parade
- 2007/11/12: CDreams: BostonGlobe: 18 Veterans Arrested in Antiwar Protest
- 2007/11/09: CDreams: HonoluluAdvertiser: Hawaii War Objector [1st Lt. Ehren Watada] Wins Round Against Retrial
- 2007/11/07: AntiWar: Turning Around the Antiwar Movement
- 2007/10/30: CDreams: Banned from Canada for War Protest
- 2007/10/28: TD: The Bureaucracy, the March, and the War
- 2007/10/29: CDreams: The Morning After by Cindy Sheehan
- 2007/10/28: InformedComment: Major US Anti-War Protests - Karbala turned over to Iranian-backed Badr
- 2007/10/28: BBC: Tens of thousands of people have taken part in demonstrations against the war in Iraq in cities across the US
- 2007/10/28: AFP: Thousands join US anti-Iraq war protests
- 2007/10/24: HuffPo: War Protester Gets Into Rice's Face At Hearing
- 2007/10/22: AntiWar: Neocons Surge Against Antiwar Movement
- 2007/10/12: CPunch: Nancy Pelosi and the Arrogance of Power - Leadership Void by Cindy Sheehan
- 2007/10/11: CDreams: MinneapolisStarTrib: What If They Had a Peace Rally and (Almost) No One Came?
- 2007/10/08: CDreams: IPS: [200,000] Italians March for Peace
- 2007/10/06: WSWS: Police ban London antiwar march - New attack on democratic rights
- 2007/10/05: CanWest: U.S. peace activists denied entry into Canada
Two high-profile American peace activists accused the Canadian government yesterday of denying them entry into Canada, solely because of past arrests in the U.S. for peaceful protests against the war in Iraq.
Medea Benjamin, founder of the women's peace movement CodePink, and former U.S. diplomat Ann Wright were detained for several hours by Canadian authorities at a Niagara Falls border crossing and
turned back because their names appeared on an FBI database detailing their misdemeanour convictions
- 2007/10/01: CDreams: Telegraph(UK): Arrests On Last Day of Faslane Nuclear Protest
- 2007/09/29: Independent(UK): Row over anti-war protest
Organisers of a protest aimed at calling for British troops to be withdrawn from Iraq claimed yesterday that the authorities are trying to ban the event.
The Stop the War Coalition is planning to stage a march from Trafalgar Square in central London to nearby Parliament on October 8, the day MPs return from their summer break.
But following a series of meetings with police, the group said it had now been told that all demonstrations within a mile of Parliament have been banned.
- 2007/09/23: WaPo: Protest Coverage Worth Protesting
- 2007/09/24: CPunch: Free Speech Takes a Capitol Beating - How the DC Police are Using "Stay Away" Orders to Muzzle Anti-War Protesters
- 2007/09/22: AntiWar: Marching Against the War
- 2007/09/21: CDreams: General Betray-Us and MoveOn.org by Cindy Sheehan
- 2007/09/20: ArmyTimes: Yale loses court case over military recruiters
Yale Law School will end its policy of not working with military recruiters after a court ruling this week jeopardized about $300 million in federal funding, officials said Wednesday
- 2007/09/13: Nation: Kentucky at War
- 2007/09/18: ZMag: There are No Protestors Here: How the Media Marginalizes the Anti-War Movement
- 2007/09/17: ZMag: What's a Moratorium?
- 2007/09/18: WP: Dr. Robert M. Bowman: Duty, Honor, Country 2007
- 2007/09/18: MoJo: Annual Campus Activism Roundup - Those Meddling Kids: Students Rise Up for Just Causes
- 2007/09/16: IMC: Hundreds Arrested at US Capitol Iraq War Protest
- 2007/09/16: WP: Thousands March, Scores Arrested, In Washington Anti-War Rally
- 2007/09/16: Yahoo: Thousands march in D.C. war protest
- 2007/09/16: AP: More Than 190 Arrested at D.C. Protest
- 2007/09/14: CDreams: Arrest Bush, Not Reverend by Cindy Sheehan
- 2007/09/13: Google:UKPress: Diana Fountain was dyed red by anti-arms trade protesters
Activists said the dramatic move was timed to highlight the presence of cluster bomb manufacturers at the Defence Systems and Equipment (DSEi) arms fair, currently taking place at the ExCel centre in the Docklands.
- 2007/09/14: DangerRoom: All the Fun of The Fair
- 2007/09/10: Consortium: 'Swear Him In' Provokes Expulsion
"Swear him in." That's all I said in the unusual silence this afternoon as first aid was being administered to Gen. David Petraeus's microphone at the hearing before the House Armed Services and Foreign Affairs Committees.
It had dawned on me that when House Armed Services Committee Chairman Ike Skelton, D-Missouri, invited Gen. Petraeus
to make his presentation, Skelton forgot to ask him to take the customary oath to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I had no idea that would be enough to get me thrown out of the hearing.
I had a flashback to a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing in early 2006, when Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vermont, reminded chairman Arlen Specter, R-Pennsylvania, that Specter had forgotten to swear in the witness, Attorney General Alberto
Gonzales; and how Specter insisted that that would not be necessary.
- 2007/09/05: FW Weekly: Policing Speech - A GOP poll and an anti-war protest produce a novel theory on use of city streets
- 2007/09/10: ABC(US): MoveOn.org [Betray Us] Ad Takes Aim at Petraeus - Ad From Liberal Activist Group Takes on Petraeus and the GOP Finds a New Talking Point
- 2007/09/10: TheHill: Cindy Sheehan arrested at Petraeus hearing
- 2007/09/06: RawStory: Police break up anti-war meeting in Washington
- 2007/09/07: ABC(Au): Bare bums protest aims anti-Iraq war message at Bush
- 2007/08/19: ZMag: Collateral Damage: Bethena by Cindy Sheehan
- 2007/08/16: IndiaTimes: US anti-war group ordered to take down Iraq demo posters
- 2007/08/17: Yahoo: Feds pay $80,000 over anti-Bush T-shirts
A couple arrested at a rally after refusing to cover T-shirts that bore anti-President Bush slogans settled their lawsuit against the federal government for $80,000, the American Civil Liberties Union announced Thursday.
Nicole and Jeffery Rank of Corpus Christi, Texas, were handcuffed and removed from the July 4, 2004, rally at the state
Capitol, where Bush gave a speech. A judge dismissed trespassing charges against them, and an order closing the case was filed Thursday in U.S. District Court in Charleston
- 2007/08/15: Turkish Press: US anti-war group ordered to take down Iraq demo posters
- 2007/08/14: CDreams: Crisis by Cindy Sheehan
- 2007/08/13: AntiWar: The Democrats Are Selling Out the Peace Movement - And much of the peace movement is selling out to the Democrats...
- 2007/08/10: ZMag: A Personal Vision for Cindy Sheehan's Campaign by Daniel Ellsberg
- 2007/08/10: ZMag: Why the Anti-War Movement Doesn't Embrace the Iraqi Resistance: A Response to Cockburn
- 2007/08/07: Independent(UK): Brian Haw: 'It is strange that they are spending so much money prosecuting me'
As the Camp for Climate Action began planning in earnest for next week's protest at Heathrow, one veteran protester against the Iraq war was also enjoying a moment of vindication.
The High Court ruled that restrictions imposed by police on Parliament Square anti-war protester Brian Haw, as he continues his peace camp demonstration were unlawful "by reason of lack of clarity".
For Mr Haw, by now a veteran of the law courts, it was another triumph in the face of an extraordinary barrage of actions by the Government in an attempt to ban his one man anti-war protest on Parliament Square.
Lord Phillips, sitting with Mr Justice Griffith Williams, dismissed an appeal by the Director of Public Prosecutions against a ruling that the conditions imposed on 56-year-old Mr Haw were in breach of his human rights to protest.
- 2007/08/04: CDreams: The Other War by Cindy Sheehan
- 2007/08/03: AF Times: Teen halted from chalking names of war dead
Fort Myers police have stopped a teenager from chalking the names of Iraq war casualties on downtown sidewalks.
Willie Filkowski, 15, and two companions were told to stop their writing after a city worker called authorities claiming there was an anti-war protest going on in downtown
- 2007/07/25: CDreams: Nation: Cindy Sheehan: "Challenge the Status Quo"
- 2007/07/25: CDreams: Progressive: The Impeachment Imbroglio: Sheehan, Conyers, Pelosi, and Feingold
- 2007/07/24: CPunch: We Must Move Beyond Politics as Usual by Cindy Sheehan
- 2007/07/25: ZMag: The Conyers Legacy
- 2007/07/25: ZMag: It's Up to Us - Journey for Humanity and Accountability Day 14
- 2007/07/23: AP: Sheehan Arrested in Impeachment Protest
- 2007/07/23: OLJ: The outlaw president outlaws all war protest
- 2007/07/23: OLJ: Bush executive order: Criminalizing the antiwar movement
- 2007/07/20: GRC: Bush Executive Order: Criminalizing the Antiwar Movement
- 2007/07/14: CDreams: Torture Is A War Crime by Cindy Sheehan
- 2007/07/10: HuffPo: National Review to Blue Star Mother: Tough Sh*t
- 2007/07/13: CDreams: Seven Peace Activists Acquitted by Jury - Right to Dissent Inside Senate Office Building Upheld
- 2007/07/12: TPMCafe: Yep, Bush Will Veto Any Antiwar Measures By Congressional Dems On Iraq -- And Iran
- 2007/07/11: AntiWar: Sheehan's Rebellion - Cindy Sheehan to take on Nancy Pelosi: some advice for a would-be candidate
- 2007/07/09: CBS: Sheehan Threatens To Run Against Pelosi - Anti-War Activist Says She'll Run Against House Speaker Unless Bush Impeachment Is Pursued
- 2007/07/07: ZMag: Summer of Love '07: On a Journey for Humanity by Cindy Sheehan
- 2007/07/06: Guardian(UK): RAF base saboteurs lose court case
- 2007/07/04: AP: Fed Up With War, Some Won't Pay Taxes
- 2007/06/18: WSWS: Why the Nation remains silent on Cindy Sheehan’s departure from the Democratic Party - Part one
- 2007/06/19: WSWS: Why the Nation remains silent on Cindy Sheehan’s departure from the Democratic Party - Part two
- 2007/06/20: WSWS: Why the Nation remains silent on Cindy Sheehan’s departure from the Democratic Party - Part three
- 2007/06/25: CDreams: Zombie by Cindy Sheehan
- 2007/06/11: Guardian(UK): Anti-war 'Camp Casey' sold as peace site
- 2007/06/08: WSWS: Antiwar US Marine veteran stripped of honorable discharge status
- 2007/06/05: BBC: A US military panel has recommended a marine be involuntarily discharged after he was pictured at an anti-war protest dressed in desert fatigues
- 2007/06/05: RawStory: Vets protesting the war? That's not honorable, military says
- 2007/06/04: KBSD: Bus bearing anti-war slogans parked outside Marine's hearing [Marine Corporal Adam Kokesh]
- 2007/06/03: Guardian(UK): Infighting splits US war protesters - The Democrats' retreat on Iraq sparked a rethink of anti-Bush strategy...
- 2007/05/31: Wonkette: Marine Corps Wants America's Favorite Marine [Sgt. Adam Kokesh] To Shut Up!
- 2007/06/02: AntiWar: Dying for Nothing
- 2007/06/02: WSWS: US antiwar protest groups silent on Cindy Sheehan’s resignation from Democratic Party
- 2007/05/29: CPunch: The Exit of Cindy Sheehan
- 2007/05/29: ZMag: An Open Letter to the Democratic Congress - Why I Am Leaving the Democratic Party by Cindy Sheehan
- 2007/05/29: HuffPo: Attention Whores Unite
- 2007/05/29: Wonkette: The Surge Worked: Cindy Sheehan Gives Up and Goes Back to Russia
- 2007/05/29: BBC: Cindy Sheehan, the bereaved mother who became a figurehead for the US anti-war movement, is abandoning her fight after growing disenchanted with the campaign
- 2007/05/26: DailyKos: Dear Democratic Congress by CindySheehan
- 2007/05/28: DailyKos: "Good Riddance Attention Whore" by CindySheehan
- 2007/05/29: Guardian(UK): Sheehan quits as face of US anti-war fight
- 2007/05/26: Guardian(UK): Fairford Two strike blow for anti-war protesters after jury decide they were acting to stop crime
- 2007/05/24: HuffPo: To End the Iraq War -- September Will Be Key by Rep. John Murtha
- 2007/05/23: FresnoBeeHive: "Just staring at the wall really"
- 2007/05/24: ThinkP: What the war is doing to our soldiers
- 2007/05/24: ThinkP: NYT poll: Opposition to war at all-time high
- 2007/05/23: AntiWar: "What Kind of Democracy Is This?" -- A grieving father wants to know
[Andrew J.] Bacevich, a prominent conservative critic of the war who has deemed the invasion "a catastrophic failure," thought his responsibility was to voice his opposition to the war, but, he asks:
"What kind of democracy is this when the people do speak and the peoples voice is unambiguous --- but nothing happens?"
- 2007/05/19: CDreams: Why the Current Antiwar Movement is So Impotent by Ralph Nader
- 2007/05/12: AntiWar: Moms Spend Their Weekend Protesting War in Iraq
- 2007/05/10: CDreams: Needless Carnage (And the Beat Goes On) by Cindy Sheehan
- 2007/04/24: HuffPo: Anti-War Dynamic Accelerating, Bush Power Dropping
- 2007/04/17: CPunch: Why is the Peace Movement Silent About AIPAC?
- 2007/04/16: AntiWar: Democratic Illusions - Foreign policy advisers to the 'big three' Democrats bode ill for antiwar movement
- 2007/04/10: CPunch: History Will Vindicate Lt. Ehren Watada
- 2007/04/03: WaPo: Police Log Confirms FBI Role In Arrests - Group Detained, Questioned During D.C. War Protest
- 2007/04/03: ThinkP: FBI gathered "purely political intel" on war critics
- 2007/03/30: AntiWar: Opposition to the War Growing Among Troops
- 2007/03/30: AntiWar: Left-Right Alliance Against War?
- 2007/03/28: WSWS: New York police conducted massive international spying on anti-Bush demonstrators
- 2007/03/27: PoN: Sleepwalking to the End of the World
The open secret about the Iraq occupation is that the Democrats could end it in a matter of months if they chose to, as
Feingold, Kucinich and one or two others have made absolutely clear. Instead, and please let us state the critical fact
accurately, the Democrats have chosen to fund the continuation of the Iraq occupation for the indefinite future. The
Democratic apologists can spew and spit and slander their critics as much as they wish, but the further fact is that the Iraq
abomination is now theirs as much as it is the Republicans'.
I will continue writing, and I will even continue writing about politics. But I will do so from a very different perspective in the
future, for I am now entirely convinced that a sufficient number of Americans required for a meaningful resistance movement
does not exist. It perhaps would only take a few hundred courageous and dedicated people to begin to build such a movement, but it appears that such individuals are nowhere to be found.
- 2007/03/26: Guardian(UK): NY police spied on anti-Bush protesters
- 2007/03/23: CDreams: No Taxation Without Representation by Cindy Sheehan
- 2007/03/22: TheHill: Anti-war protesters arrested at Pelosi's office
- 2007/03/21: Yahoo: Japanese rally against Iraq war as U.S. [Marine Gen. Peter Pace] visits
- 2007/03/20: WSWS: Rome: Thousands demonstrate against US war policy and the Prodi government
- 2007/03/19: WSWS: US antiwar demonstrations mark four years since Iraq invasion
- 2007/03/18: WinterPatriot: Peaceful Protesters Threatened And Assaulted By Those Who Claim To Protect Their Freedom Of Speech
- 2007/03/19: HuffPo: Notes: 10,000+ On the Streets of Portland Oregon
There were a lot of clever signs. Take note in case we need more demontrations in your town:
"The Rapture Is Not An Exit Strategy"
"You're Certainly Too Stupid to Be the Antichrist...But You're Evil Enough," including a picture of Bush with horns.
"Some folks say we're Bush Bashing. In Oregon we call it THINKING."
"War Is Terrorism with a Bigger Budget."
"Empty Warhead Found In White House."
"W Is the New Swastika."
And one that said simply, "Enough."
- 2007/03/19: InformedComment: Renewed US Anti-War Protests Sunday - Gates: Surge is to Buy Time for Reconciliation - Al-Maliki Cabinet Shuffle Postponed
- 2007/03/19: BBC: US in second day of Iraq rallies -- Thousands of people have taken to the streets of US cities for a second day of protests against the war in Iraq.
- 2007/03/18: ArabNews: Anti-War Protests in US Mark Iraq War Anniversary
- 2007/03/17: BBC: Protesters march against Iraq war - Thousands of demonstrators have been holding anti-war rallies as the anniversary of the US-led invasion of Iraq nears.
- 2007/03/17: Yahoo: Tens of thousands denounce Iraq war at Washington rally
- 2007/03/16: ZMag: National Peace Organizations Call on Congress to Stop Funding the Occupation of Iraq and Vote to Bring our Troops Home in 2007
- 2007/03/09: WSWS: Iraq war resister convicted in Germany - Increasing numbers of US soldiers refuse to serve in Iraq
- 2007/03/06: CDreams: Vermont: The Land of Hope by Cindy Sheehan
- 2007/03/06: ZMag: Conscientious Objector [Agustin Aguayo] Faces Court-Martial
- 2007/03/06: Reuters: Court-martial says U.S. medic [Agustin Aguayo] guilty of desertion
- 2007/02/07: Macleans: Why I fled George Bush's war
What happened to make a patriotic, gung-ho soldier desert the U.S. army, and turn against the war in Iraq.
- 2007/02/28: WSWS: US Army to retry war resister officer [Lieutenant Ehren Watada]
- 2007/02/28: TPMCafe: Antiwar Leader Tries To Light Fire Under Dems Over Iraq
- 2007/02/28: AntiWar: Lt. Watada Is Not Alone - Military dissenters step forward
- 2007/02/27: WSWS: Britain: London antiwar demonstration downplays threat of war against Iran
- 2007/02/27: WSWS: London: Demonstrators express grave concern over Iran
- 2007/02/27: WSWS: Nationalism and religion dominate platform at Scottish antiwar protest
- 2007/02/26: Swans: An Open Letter To Cindy Sheehan
- 2007/02/24: Canoe: Protesters slip by security
A conference involving the top security officials in North America took an ironic turn yesterday when two protesters interrupted a news conference
involving U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Homeland Security boss Michael Chertoff
- 2007/02/24: AntiWar: Do Something Good
- 2007/02/23: MaieToday: Anti-war effort means jail for some protesters
- 2007/02/22: Xinhuanet: Mexico agrees to assist Mexican-born U.S. army deserter [Agustin Aguayo]
- 2007/02/21: EagleTrib: Veteran's anti-war broadside posted on his barn
- 2007/02/12: ACM: Appealing Dissent - Rejecting the radicalism of the Vietnam era, veterans of the Iraq War make unlikely but effective protesters
- 2007/02/18: ZMag: Vermont House and Senate Say Withdraw Troops Now
- 2007/02/17: ZMag: Money Trumps Peace...Sometimes by Cindy Sheehan
- 2007/02/17: BBC: Tens of thousands of people have marched in the north-eastern Italian city of Vicenza against a planned extension of the US army base there
- 2007/02/17: AFP: Tens of thousands protest plan to expand US air base in Italy
- 2007/02/15: AntiWar: In Congress, Opposing the War but Doing Nothing to Stop It
- 2007/02/12: FairUse: Protesters disrupt Obama rally - Senator decries war but supports funding
- 2007/02/09: CRG: Great Blow to Pentagon in Court Martial proceedings: Lt. Watada Mistrial a Great Victory
- 2007/02/08: CPunch: Watada Beats the Government
- 2007/02/07: PRWatch: Judge Declares Mistrial; He Won't Let Watada Put the Iraq War on Trial
- 2007/02/09: Nation: Will the Watada Mistrial Spark an End to the War?
- 2007/02/09: AntiWar: Reprieve for Officer Who Denounced 'Immoral War'
- 2007/02/09: WSWS: US Army court martial against war resister lieutenant [Ehren Watada] ends in mistrial
- 2007/02/08: al Jazeera: Mistrial in US war objector case
- 2007/02/03: StraightGoods: Why I refused to fight in Iraq
"I serve not at the pleasure of the President, but as a servant of the people." -Lt Ehren Watada
- 2007/02/07: TruthOut: Watada Court-Martial Ends in Mistrial
- 2007/02/06: PoN: The Personal Factor (II): You're Either with the Resistance -- or with the Murderers
- 2007/02/07: AntiWar: Making an Example of Ehren Watada
- 2007/02/07: Guardian(UK): US refusenik officer [1st Lieutenant Ehren Watada] calls Iraq war illegal
- 2007/02/06: HuffPo: Making an Example of Ehren Watada
- 2007/02/06: AntiWar: Officer [First Lt. Ehren Watada] Who Refused Iraq Tour Goes on Trial
- 2007/02/06: ArabNews: Bush, Blair in Dock at [Kuala Lumpur] Conference
About 2,000 peace activists applauded yesterday as the leaders of the United States and Britain were branded "fascist war criminals" at a conference featuring gruesome exhibits of their alleged crimes.
- 2007/02/05: BBC: US war objector pleads not guilty
A US army officer who refused orders to deploy to Iraq has pleaded not guilty to several charges at a court martial.
First Lt Ehren Watada is charged with missing movements and two charges of conduct unbecoming an officer.
- 2007/02/05: AFP: Demos as first US officer [First Lieutenant Ehren Watada] stands trial for refusing to fight in Iraq
- 2007/02/03: CPunch: The Stryker Brigade and the Watada Case -- The Iraq War Hits Hawaii
- 2007/02/03: CPunch: No More Toothless Rebukes and Nonbinding Resolutions - Stop Them Now!
- 2007/02/03: CDreams: Grannies do Heavy Lifting by Cindy Sheehan
- 2007/02/03: Guardian(UK): First US officer [Lieutenant Ehren Watada] since Vietnam goes on trial for speaking out
- 2007/02/01: ZMag: The Fifth Estate by Cindy Sheehan
- 2007/02/02: BaltimoreSun: Truth has consequences for soldier of conscience
It is a sad day in American jurisprudence when a soldier of conscience is court-martialed not for lying but for telling the truth, not for breaking a covenant with the military but for upholding the rule of law in wartime.
The court-martial of Army 1st Lt. Ehren K. Watada is set for Monday at Fort Lewis near Seattle. The 28-year-old soldier from Hawaii is the first commissioned officer to refuse deployment to Iraq.
He is charged with "missing movement" and "conduct unbecoming of an officer," including "use of contemptuous words for the president." He was out of uniform on leave over a year ago when he
delivered a moving address to a Veterans for Peace convention. He questioned the legality of the war in Iraq, and he denounced the mendacity of the Bush administration. Although he is not a
conscientious objector (he offered to serve in Afghanistan), Lieutenant Watada believes no soldier should give a life, or take a life, for a lie.
- 2007/01/30: CPunch: The Missing Word at the Anti-War Demo -- Impeachment!
- 2007/01/30: Wonkette: Hillary's War On Anti-War Americans
- 2007/01/30: WSWS: US Army officer [Lieutenant Ehren Watada] faces court martial for refusing Iraq deployment order
- 2007/01/29: WSWS: Students, veterans, workers denounce Iraq war at Saturday protests
- 2007/01/29: WSWS: The politics of the January 27 rally in Washington - Organizers channel antiwar protest behind Democrats
- 2007/01/29: CDreams: IPS: Anti-War Marches Draw Hundreds of Thousands
- 2007/01/27: Xinhuanet: Thousands march in downtown Los Angeles in anti-war rally
- 2007/01/27: HuffPo: That Anti-War March Won't Change Anything- But Here's What Will
- 2007/01/28: Freep: Thousands rally against Iraq war - Fonda, Conyers among speakers
- 2007/01/27: BBC: Mass US protest against Iraq war
- 2007/01/27: WSWS: The struggle against war requires a break with the Democrats
- 2007/01/25: CDreams: IPS: Anti-War Groups Plan Surge on Washington
- 2007/01/25: CDreams: OneWorld: U.S. Military Spied on Hundreds of Antiwar Demos
- 2007/01/25: AntiWar: Antiwar Groups Plan Surge on Washington
- 2007/01/25: WaPo: Large Rally Planned Saturday on Mall - Organizers Oppose Increase in Troops and Plan to Seek Withdrawal Deadline
- 2007/01/22: Ekklesia: Christian campaigner [Chris Cole] jailed after Iraq protest
Eyewitness accounts report that at the court Cole was very clear with the court that the protest was an act of resistance to the war in Iraq.
Speaking on behalf of the protestors, Chris Cole had previously said "2,000 years ago the innocent were massacred in an attempt to keep the powerful secure. Today,
the powerful continue to massacre the innocent with the same motives. There can be no innocent bystanders -- we must do what we can to defend the poor and vulnerable."
- 2007/01/17: FayObserver: Anti-war sign gets a rude welcome
- 2007/01/17: VCNV: War Crimes Report Translated And Published In Arabic
- 2007/01/17: Wonkette: The War Will End On January 27!
- 2007/01/17: KGW: Military judge: objector [1st Lt. Ehren Watada] can't raise questions about war legality
An Army officer cannot try to justify his refusal to report for duty in Iraq by questioning the legality of the war because that is a political issue, a military judge has ruled.
Citing federal court precedents in a ruling issued Tuesday, Lt. Col. John Head also rejected the claims of lawyers for 1st Lt.
Ehren Watada who said the his First Amendment rights shielded the 28-year-old native of Hawaii from charges stemming from his criticism of the war.
There are limits to the free-speech rights of military personnel and a military panel should decide in a court-martial set to begin
Feb. 5 whether Watada's criticism amounted to officer misconduct that could have endangered the morale, loyalty and discipline of troops, Head ruled.
- 2007/01/15: WSJB: Grumbling in the Ranks
A group of more than 50 active-duty military officers will deliver a petition to Congress on Tuesday signed by about 1,000 troops calling for an end to the U.S. occupation of Iraq.
- United for Peace : Help Mobilize for Jan. 27-29!
- 2007/01/15: DP: Service members join war protest
- 2007/01/15: TruthOut: Iraq Vets Call on Congress to End War
- 2007/01/12: Yglesias: The Murtha Plan
- 2007/01/13: WSWS: Mob attacks Sri Lankan antiwar rally
- 2007/01/13: WSWS: Silent protesters harassed, ejected from US Senate hearings
- War Resisters Support Campaign
- 2007/01/11: TStar: More American soldiers seeking to flee to Canada, group says
- 2007/01/10: BangorDailyNews: Civil disobedience: Activists choose jail over fine for sit-in at Snowe's office
- 2007/01/08: TL: Not-So-Free Speech [Watada]
- 2007/01/06: IndiaDaily: Can Peace activist Cindy Sheehan rescue Democrats from oligarchs -- the battle has started between ‘people’ and ‘politicians’
- 2007/01/03: SeattlePI: Hearing in two days for anti-war officer [1st Lt. Ehren Watada]
- 2007/01/01: TruthOut: 3,000 Dead: So Who's Counting? by Cindy Sheehan
- 2006/12/29: CDreams: WacoTribuneHerald: Peace Mom [Cindy Sheehan] Aims to Ramp up "Peace Surge" after Arrest Thursday
2006/12/19: HamiltonSpectator: [Antiwar] Christmas tree pulled out of auction
- 2006/12/19: Guardian(UK): He didn't have to do it. That's one reason he's still admired
- 2006/12/18: CDreams: AP: Vermont Woman Is an Unlikely Peace Activist
- 2006/12/15: TruthOut: Truthout's Sarah Olson Subpoenaed in Watada Case
- 2006/12/13: Guardian(UK): Law lords ruling backs anti-war campaigners
- 2006/12/11: ZMag: A Woman's Worst Nightmare by Cindy Sheehan
- 2006/12/11: USAToday: Sheehan convicted of trespassing
Peace activist Cindy Sheehan and three other women were convicted Monday of trespassing for trying to delivery an anti-Iraq war petition to the U.S. Mission to the United Nations.
A Manhattan Criminal Court judge sentenced them immediately to conditional discharge, which means they could face some form of penalty if they are arrested in the next six months, and ordered them to pay $95 in court surcharges.
- 2006/12/07: Bradenton: Antiwar activists, youths, military agree: no draft
- 2006/12/07: CDreams: Breakfast with Dennis Kucinich by Cindy Sheehan
- 2006/12/06: TheState: Army deserter [Pfc. Kyle Snyder] begins West Coast speaking tour against Iraq war
- 2006/12/05: WCAX: N.H. war protester could face jail in Bradley office sit-in
- 2006/11/25: WeResist: The Peace Machine Rolls On
- 2006/11/30: CDreams: IPS: Spying Won't Deter Us, Peace Groups Say
- 2006/11/30: Guardian(UK): The ultimate act of self-sacrifice that no one noticed
- 2006/11/22: CPunch: I Am a Navy Veteran Against Wars by David Kalbfeisch
- 2006/11/24: AntiWar: Teens Frustrate Military Recruiter's ASVAB Scam
- 2006/11/17: ICH: Blood-Pouring Anti-Nuke Clowns Sent to Prison - Weapons of Mass Destruction Protected
What does it say about our society that personal sacrifices to go to war to kill people in war are praised, while personal sacrifices for peace are condemned? What does it say that intentional
destruction of cities and communities and families and individuals are considered totally legal, while actions trying to dismantle weapons of mass destruction send people to prison? Until those interested
in peace are willing to make the same sacrifices as those interested in war, peace will not prevail. These three men have proven they are willing to pay the price for peace. Their courage and sacrifice challenges us all.
- 2006/11/18: AP: Activists to Question NSA Surveillance
- 2006/11/17: ZMag: Impeachment Proceedings by Cindy Sheehan
- 2006/11/17: AntiWar: The Mugging of Murtha - Congressional Democrats betray the antiwar movement
- 2006/11/16: DenverPost: Nuns' canned-food offer isn't up to prosecutor's palate
- 2006/11/10: WaTi: Anti-war group [Win Without War] renews Iraq pull-out call
- 2006/11/09: THP: America has had Enough of Bush's Disastrous Course in Iraq by Rep. John Murtha
- 2006/11/08: Yahoo: Peace mom Sheehan arrested in Washington
- 2006/11/07: NoQuarter: Why Today Matters So Much
- 2006/11/06: Yahoo: [British] Families of troops killed in Iraq press for probe into war
- 2006/11/01: AntiWar: Move Over, GI Joe and Han Solo - Sgt. Ricky Clousing, Peace Action Hero
"We have found ourselves in a pivotal era where we have traded humanity for patriotism. Where we have traded our civil liberties for a sense of security. I stand
here before you sharing the same idea as Henry David Thoreau: as a soldier, as an American, and as a human being, we mustn't lend ourselves to that same evil which we condemn." -Sgt. Ricky Clousing
- 2006/10/31: AntiWar: Active-Duty GIs Call for Withdrawal
- 2006/10/30: SLTrib: Journey across Utah: Iraq vet's 'stunt' turns to solace
Marshall Thompson: Protest walk from state's northern border to southern brings out hundreds of admirers in even 'reddest' area
- 2006/10/27: CDreams: Joan Baez, After All These Years
- 2006/10/25: JWN: US service members call for end to Iraqi occupation
- 2006/10/25: DenverPost: [Antiwar] Nuns may land back in prison as judge insists on restitution
- 2006/10/24: CPunch: The Antiwar Movement and Independent Politics [Cindy Sheehan Interview]
- 2006/10/17: Guardian(UK): The courts are starting to accept that the war against Iraq is a crime
In Britain and Ireland, protesters who have deliberately damaged military equipment are walking from the dock
- 2006/10/14: BeaconJournal: Anti-war rally gets military's scrutiny - Also, Akron police videotape Quaker group's 2005 protest
- 2006/10/13: FairUse: Documents Reveal Scope of U.S. Database on Antiwar Protests [Talon]
- 2006/10/07: WSWS: Parents of soldier [First Lieutenant Ehren Watada] who refused deployment to Iraq speak in California
- 2006/10/02: THP: What I Learned in Iraq by Marshall Thompson
- 2006/09/24: SundayHeraldSun: Entertainers won't play for troops
Some of Australia's top entertainers have angered the Federal Government by refusing to perform for Australian troops in Iraq for political reasons.
- 2006/09/23: BBC: Thousands at city's [Time To Go] anti-war demo
Thousands of anti-war protesters have gathered in Manchester for what organisers said was "one of the biggest mobilisations outside London".
Demonstrators were protesting against government policies in the Middle East and nuclear weapons, on the eve of the Labour Party conference in the city.
The theme was "Time To Go" - a call to get troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan.
- 2006/09/23: Yahoo: Thousands protest Iraq, Afghanistan wars [on the eve of the UK Labour Party's annual gathering]
- 2006/09/20: GreenLeft: CANADA: War resister [Corey Glass] seeks refuge
- 2006/09/16: USAToday: Fort Lewis war objector faces new charge
The Army added another charge against a lieutenant who refused to serve in Iraq because he believes the war is illegal, but did not say if the case will proceed to a court martial.
The new charge is based on Lt. Ehren Watada's remarks to the national convention of Veterans for Peace, held in Seattle last month, Army spokesman Joe Piek said Friday.
At the veterans gathering, Watada said that "to stop an illegal and unjust war, soldiers can choose to stop fighting it," according to a support group, Friends and Family of Lt. Watada.
Watada, 28, of Honolulu, Hawaii, refused to deploy on June 22 with his Fort Lewis-based unit. He already was charged with missing troop movement, conduct unbecoming an officer
and contempt toward officials, including using "contemptuous words" against President Bush in media interviews.
Conviction on all charges could bring a maximum of eight years in prison, Piek said.
- 2006/09/16: ABC(US): IRS Investigating All Saints Episcopal Church in Pasadena over an anti-war sermon
- 2006/09/14: Yahoo: Anti-war soldier [US Army Specialist Mark Wilkerson] awaits punishment for deserting US Army
- 2006/09/07: AntiWar: Soldier Who Chose Jail Over Iraq Goes Home - An interview with Sgt. Kevin Benderman
- 2006/09/04: BBC: Peace activists 'broke into base'
Two peace activists have admitted breaking into an RAF base [RAF Fairford, Gloucestershire] to try to stop B52 bombers taking off for Iraq [in 2003].
- 2006/09/04: Yahoo: Air base [Royal Air Force base Fairford, in Gloucestershire] break-in activists tried to prevent 'war crimes in Iraq'
- 2006/09/02: CDreams: Obligations by Cindy Sheehan
- 2006/09/02: ICH: The Mayor and the President - A View in Salt Lake City
- 2006/08/31: SLTrib: Salt Lake sounds off in protest and support
A crowd of thousands cheered Salt Lake City Mayor Rocky Anderson for calling President Bush a "dishonest, war-mongering,
human-rights violating president" whose time in office would "rank as the worst presidency our nation has ever had to endure."
- 2006/08/30: Times(UK): You wouldn’t catch me dead in Iraq
Scores of American troops are deserting -- even from the front line in Iraq. But where have they gone? And why isn’t the US Army after them?
- 2006/08/26: ZMag: What If The Pentagon And Peace Corps Switched Budgets?
- 2006/08/26: Yahoo: Protests intrude on Bush's trip to Maine
- 2006/08/26: Yahoo: Vacationing Bush gets no rest from anti-war demonstrators
- 2006/08/25: SeattlePI: Army officer recommending trial for Watada -- Iraq war resister faces 3 charges -- report likely today
- 2006/08/24: NOVFP: War Crimes - Last Week, in a Small Hearing Room at Fort Lewis, a Young Soldier [Lieutenant Ehren Watada] Put the Iraq War on Trial
- 2006/08/21: WSWS: Families of UK soldiers killed in Iraq mount political, legal challenge to Blair government
- 2006/08/16: Yahoo: Cindy Sheehan to take Iraq War protest back to Washington
- 2006/08/16: CDreams Progressive: The Anti-Anti-War Campaign
- 2006/08/16: CDreams MinutemanMedia: Sheehan Tests Texas-Style Free Speech Again
- 2006/08/15: CPunch: What Next for the American Antiwar Movement?
- 2006/08/14: WSWS: War now, peace later: Israel’s doves line up behind war - Part two
- 2006/08/14: WSWS: Sydney marchers denounce US-Israeli violence
- 2006/08/14: WSWS: Thousands march in Germany to protest US-Israeli war against Lebanon
- 2006/08/14: ArabNews: ‘Occupation Is a Crime’, ‘End the Occupation Now’
- 2006/08/14: DailyStar: 'Bush had no right' to back Israel - White house protest draws almost 10,000 people
- 2006/08/12: Yahoo: Thousands protest Lebanon war outside White House
- 2006/08/12: Yahoo: Hospitalized Sheehan to keep up protest
- 2006/08/12: WSWS: Montreal: Thousands protest Israeli war on Lebanon
- 2006/08/10: uComics: (cartoon - Danziger) Cindy of Crawford
- 2006/08/09: THP: Iraq is the No. 1 Issue by Rep. John Murtha
The war in Iraq is the No. 1 issue in the country today. Americans are no longer willing to accept the human suffering or the financial toll of a war that has lasted for 3 Â½ years with no end in sight.
The numbers speak for themselves. We've lost almost 2,600 Americans.
More than 19,000 have been wounded, 46 percent of them so badly they couldn't return to their units. Tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis have been killed in sectarian violence. The U.S. is
spending $11 million every hour - $8 billion every month. Yet the administration refuses to budge from its open-ended, stay-the-course policy. I know it and the American people know it: We need
to redeploy our troops to the periphery and refocus on the real war against terrorism. It's long past the time for us to change direction.
- 2006/08/09: Scotsman: Security shambles as airport is invaded for third night in row
- 2006/08/09: ICH: We are not winning hearts and minds by Cindy Sheehan
- 2006/08/08: Guardian(UK): Activists held after boarding US plane searching for weapons
- 2006/08/07: WSWS: Antiwar vigil in Berlin against Israeli aggression
- 2006/08/07: WSWS: London: Tens of thousands protest against slaughter in Lebanon
- 2006/08/07: BBC: Third breach at Prestwick Airport
Five people have been arrested after anti-war campaigners boarded an aircraft at Prestwick Airport.
In the third security breach in three days at the airport, activists boarded a US Air National Guard plane, campaign group Trident Ploughshares said.
- 2006/08/05: BBC: Anti-war families to set up party [Spectre]
Relatives of British soldiers killed in Iraq are to set up a political party aimed at bringing about the defeat of government ministers.
Spectre's founders will meet within the next two weeks to discuss strategy.
They include Reg Keys, who contested Tony Blair's seat at the last election, and Rose Gentle, who stood against Armed Forces Minister Adam Ingram.
An official launch is being timed to coincide with the Labour Party conference in Manchester in September.
- 2006/08/04: BBC: Thousands 'to join anti-war demo'
Organisers of a march in London calling for an immediate ceasefire in Lebanon predict tens of thousands of people from across the UK will take part.
The Stop The War Coalition is asking demonstrators to leave children's shoes at the Cenotaph in protest at the deaths of children in the conflict.
- 2006/08/05: Guardian(UK): Anti-war challenge - Families of soldiers killed in Iraq launch party to challenge ministers
- 2006/08/04: CDreams: VermontGuardian: Activists' Ultimatum: Withdraw or Impeach
- 2006/08/04: UTGG: Enforcing the commitment of the anti-Murtha lawyers
- 2006/08/04: CBC: U.S. army deserter says he'll return to face charges
A U.S. army deserter who has been living in Toronto for the past two years says he plans to go home and turn himself in next month.
Darrell Anderson, who is legally entitled to stay in Canada, said Friday that he wants to return to the United States to draw attention to war crimes allegedly committed by American soldiers in Iraq.
"I know people that killed prisoners. I know people that killed innocent people. I was ordered to kill innocent people," Anderson told CNN.
He claims he was once ordered to fire on a car filled with innocent civilians when it pulled up to a roadblock. He said he refused, and was later told he did the wrong thing.
- 2006/07/28: HomesNotBombs: Peace Promoters Convicted of Trespass but Sentence Suspended in Burlington, Ontario
- 2006/07/29: Rabble: U.S. peace activists appreciate our support
- 2006/07/29: Guardian(UK): Bush cuts short holiday as anti-war neighbours move in - Cindy Sheehan has bought a plot of land not far from...George Bush
- 2006/07/27: Yahoo: Cindy Sheehan buys property in Crawford
- 2006/07/27: Guardian(UK): Families of soldiers killed in Iraq win right to challenge legality of going to war
- 2006/07/26: Yahoo: Blair heckled by bare-chested protester
- 2006/07/26: Yahoo: Families of British soldiers killed in Iraq win key court victory
The families of four British soldiers killed in Iraq have won a key legal battle in their bid to force a full public inquiry into the legality of Britain's decision to go to war.
The Court of Appeal ruled Wednesday that they were entitled to apply for a judicial review of the refusal by Prime Minister Tony Blair's government to hold an independent inquiry.
- 2006/07/24: THP: July 19 anti-war statement
- 2006/07/21: HeraldSun: Activist seeks spy file
American peace activist Scott Parkin has launched legal action to find out why he was deported from Australia last year after being arrested.
- 2006/07/19: SantacruzSentinel: New records on UCSC protests show deeper spying conspiracy
- 2006/07/17: AntiWar: The 1960s Antiwar Movement Revisited
- HNB: Homes Not Bombs
- 2006/07/12: STimes: AWOL [Army Spc. Suzanne Swift] soldier's cause gets a hand from powerful women's advocate
- 2006/07/12: WSWS: The outsourcing of political intimidation - Private firm [SRA International] revealed to be spying on antiwar groups in California
- 2006/07/08: AntiWar: Say 'No' to War Candidates
- 2006/07/06: THP: All Hail Lt. Watada!
- 2006/07/07: THP: Note to Anti-War Movement: Get Your Act Together
- 2006/07/05: Yahoo: Army charges officer [First Lt. Ehren Watada] for refusing to fight in Iraq [due to objections over the legality of the war]
- 2006/07/06: Reuters: Army charges officer [First Lt. Ehren Watada] for refusing to fight in Iraq
The U.S. Army filed three charges on Wednesday against an officer who refused to fight in Iraq due to objections over the legality of the war.
- 2006/07/03: CBS: Anti-War Activists Arrested At Taste Of Chicago - Activists Were Leafleting Near Military Recruitment Booth
- 2006/07/01: CPunch: Getting Busted for Wearing a Peace T-Shirt
- 2006/07/01: ZMag: Iraqi Government Freezes Union Bank Accounts - USLAW calls for solidarity actions by U.S. labor movement
- 2006/07/01: CDreams: LA Times: State Tracked Protesters in the Name of Security
- 2006/07/01: CDreams: AP: Protester Cindy Sheehan Sues Over Camping Ban
- 2006/06/25: TruthOut: Resistance in the US Military to the War on Iraq
- 2006/06/26: TruthOut: Department of Defense Admits to Wider Surveillance of Don't Ask, Don't Tell Groups
- 2006/06/29: DemNow: Pentagon Spying on Gay, Antiwar Groups More Widespread than Previously Acknowledged
- 2006/06/29: USAToday: 10 'Grannies for Peace' arrested in Philly
- 2006/06/28: ZMag: A Brief History of Military Resistance...and peace movement support for resisters
- 2006/06/27: CDreams: Seattle Times: Opponents of Iraq War Rally around Lt. Watada
- 2006/06/27: WPF: Labour Peace Forum Calls for Canadian Withdrawal from Afghanistan
- 2006/06/21: THP: Knowing Your Enemy by Rep. John Murtha
- 2006/06/24: TPMCafe: Military opposition: Bravery by another name
- 2006/06/23: THP: Why Isn't the Media Talking About the Growing Resistance Within the Military to Bush Policy in Iraq?
- 2006/06/22: THP: Rot Runs Deep in Recruiting Soldiers for Iraq
- 2006/06/21: SeattlePI: Soldier's Iraq war stance backed -- [Lt. Ehren] Watada has right to refuse to go, retired officer [Col. Ann Wright] says
- 2006/06/19: ArabNews: "We Were Killing Innocent People for Oil in Iraq" - American military deserters in Canada
- 2006/06/17: ICH: The Peace Race
- 2006/06/17: ICH: 2,500 Dead U.S. Military Personnel: How Many More?
- 2006/06/16: TruthDig: Nicholas Berg's Father on CNN: Violence Begets Violence
- 2006/06/16: JWN: Nonviolent peace organizations gathering in Virginia
- 2006/06/14: Reuters: ACLU sues Pentagon over anti-war group monitoring
- 2006/06/13: WFC: Let's hold a grudge on Iraq - Antiwar voters must hold someone accountable for this mess
- 2006/06/13: CPunch: Progressive Dems Suppress Anti-War Dissent - Peace Activists at Hillary Clinton's Speech Try to Take Back "Take Back America"
- 2006/06/13: CDreams: Cure the Disease by Cindy Sheehan
- 2006/06/13: CDreams: Nation: Lieutenant Watada's War Against the War
- 2006/06/13: Yahoo: Hillary Clinton faces anti-war critics
- 2006/06/12: AntiWar: The Courage to Face the Consequences
- 2006/06/10: WSWS: Britain: Soldiers refusing to serve in Iraq face possible life sentence
- 2006/06/09: Helenair: ACLU seeks records of federal monitoring of local peace groups
- 2006/06/09: SeattelWeekly: That Other Defiant Soldier
Ehren Watada isn't the first to refuse deployment to Iraq. Kevin Benderman is already in the brig.
- 2006/06/07: WSWS: Dixie Chicks stand their ground - Dixie Chicks: Taking the Long Way
- 2006/06/06: KOMO: Fort Lewis Soldier [Lt. Ehren Watada] Says He'll Refuse To Go To Iraq
- 2006/06/05: FDL: Stop The War - Pressure Congress
- 2006/06/05: CDreams: SeattlePI: Civil Disobedience: Tilting at War
- 2006/06/04: CDreams: BinghamtonPress & SunBulletin: John Murtha is More Right Every Day
- 2006/06/05: CDreams: Baltimore Sun: Hawks Attack Those Who Dare to Speak Up
- 2006/06/05: CDreams: The Abominations of War: From My Lai to Haditha by Cindy Sheehan
- 2006/06/02: CBC: U.K. to get tough with deserters
- 2006/06/02: Yahoo: [British] General says 'mum factor' Iraq makes troop recruitment difficult
- 2006/06/03: AntiWar: What Is the Mission?
- 2006/04/18: BDH: Professor supports anti-war protesters
- 2006/05/31: Rabble: U.S. anti-war movement supports resisters
- 2006/05/31: Yahoo: Anti-war protesters return to Wash. port
- 2006/05/30: CPunch: Silencing the Peace Protester of Parliament Square
- 2006/05/25: Yahoo: 9 more arrested in protest of Army convoy
- 2006/05/24: DemNow: Retired Army Col. Charged With Sedition For Handing Flyer on Anti-War Vietnam Vets
- 2006/05/24: Asia Times: Why all is quiet on the American home front
- 2006/05/24: Independent(UK): Police target anti-war protester and make off with banners
- 2006/05/23: GreenLeft: Cindy Sheehan on Iraq: 'Howard’s a fool for supporting Bush’
- 2006/05/23: BBC: Anti-war signs seized by police - Police have removed placards from peace activist Brian Haw at the scene of his five-year vigil outside Parliament.
- 2006/05/21: THP: "The Road Not Taken" to Peace
- 2006/05/20: OneWorld: U.S. Antiwar Activists Launch Campaign Supporting Conscientious Objectors
- 2006/05/12: ICH: Third Reich Tyrants by Cindy Sheehan
- 2006/05/13: CPunch: A Mother's Day Message from the Ladies of Boise - The Senate's Peace Quilt
- 2006/05/13: ZMag: Oh No, Canada! by Cindy Sheehan
- 2006/05/13: ZMag: West Point Graduates Against The War: Now Is The Time
- 2006/05/12: WFC: 'In the name of womanhood and humanity...'
- 2006/05/12: CDreams: A Perfect Mother's Day Gift: Create a Peace Movement That Ends the Iraq Occupation and Prevents Future Wars of Aggression by Cindy Sheehan
- 2006/05/08: PRWatch: Covert Recruiting Video in Schools, on Planes and TV
- 2006/05/09: ArabNews: Refugee Status to War Resisters: Legal Issues
- 2006/05/08: BBC: Judges rule against peace vigil
Peace activist Brian Haw may have to end his five-year vigil outside Parliament as the government has won an appeal against an earlier legal ruling.
Last July, Mr Haw, 56, from Worcestershire, won a High Court action against a new law threatening his round-the-clock protest.
But three Court of Appeal judges have now overturned that decision.
- 2006/05/04: TruthOut: Pro-American = Anti-BushCo
- 2006/05/04: ICH: Pro-American = Anti-Bush by Cindy Sheehan
- 2006/05/06: CPunch: Challenging CIA and Military Recruiters on Campus - Lessons from the Fordham 9
- 2006/05/06: CPunch: A Parody of a Protest - We Came, We Marched, And... ?
- 2006/05/06: CPunch: Of West Point, War and Pizza - What's in a Name?
- 2006/05/05: Yahoo: 'West Point' Off Limits to Anti-War Alums
The Army warned an anti-war group of former U.S. Military Academy cadets to stop using the words "West Point" in its name, saying they are trademarked.
- 2006/05/06: Pravda: Athens anti-war march finishes in police-anarchists clash
- 2006/05/05: CDreams: Boston Globe: Granny Power Takes on the War in Iraq
- 2006/05/04: CBC: [Canada] Accept U.S. war deserters, 'Peace Mom' [Cindy Sheehan] pleads
- 2006/05/05: TSun: Anti-war crusader rips into Harper - 'Carbon copy' of Bush, [Cindy Sheehan] mom of slain U.S. soldier says
- 2006/05/04: ABC(US): Rumsfeld Heckled by Former CIA Analyst - Rumsfeld Challenged on Iraq, Heckled by a Former CIA Analyst and Others, During Atlanta Speech
- 2006/05/01: ZMag: 'I'm Already Against the Next War' - Marching in New York City
- 2006/05/01: WSWS: Over 100,000 march in New York against Iraq war
- 2006/04/29: CPunch: Time for People of Faith to Censure Bush
- 2006/04/29: CPunch: Neil Young's Call to Arms
- 2006/04/29: Yahoo: Tens of Thousands in NYC Protest War
- 2006/04/30: InformedComment: Susan Sarandon and Death Threats
- 2006/04/29: Guardian(UK): Meet Bush's latest enemy in the war on Iraq: the Raging Grannies of Tucson, Arizona
'Peace grannies' part of growing anti-war network Elderly women tried to enlist in place of young
- 2006/04/27: ZMag: A Way Forward, Out of Iraq
- 2006/04/28: BBC: US court clears [anti-war] Raging Grannies
A US court has acquitted a group of 18 grandmothers of disorderly conduct for staging a rally against the Iraq war outside a military recruiting centre.
The defendants, known as the "Granny Peace Brigade", were arrested in October and charged on two counts.
The courtroom burst into cheers and applause as the judge gave his verdict.
- 2006/04/27: Yahoo: Anti-war grandmothers acquitted in New York
- 2006/04/27: Yahoo: US court acquits anti-war grannies
- 2006/04/26: CDreams: Peace Takes Courage by Cindy Sheehan
- 2006/04/21: ICH: Raging Grannies and Raging Americans by Cindy Sheehan
- 2006/04/21: CPunch: This is What a Movement Looks Like
- 2006/04/21: CDreams: Raging Grannies and Raging Americans by Cindy Sheehan
- 2006/04/22: THP: Neil Young's Living with War: "It May Just be the Fahrenheit 9/11 of Rock"...
- 2006/04/21: Reuters: "Peace" grannies on trial in NY for Iraq protest
- 2006/04/21: KRT: Members of anti-war `Granny Peace Brigade' reject plea deal
- 2006/04/21: WashTimes: 'Human shield' fights fines
- 2006/04/20: BBC: Anti-war grandmothers in US court
A group of women who call themselves the "Granny Peace Brigade" have gone on trial in New York for their protest against the Iraq war.
The women, aged between 50 and 91, were charged with disorderly conduct after demonstrating outside a military recruitment centre.
- 2006/04/19: CPunch: From Antiwar to Peace to Democracy - Movement Blues
- 2006/04/19: AntiWar: Ritter Gets It Wrong - Why all the negativity?
- 2006/04/18: IRNA: New UK terror laws "aimed to stop opposition to nuclear weapons"
- 2006/04/18: Reuters: Neil Young urges Bush impeachment on protest album
- 2006/04/18: NYDN: Harlem grandmas hit the warpath over Iraq - Fed up with a war they call "unjust"
- 2006/04/17: BBC: Neil Young writes anti-war album
Veteran singer Neil Young has recorded an anti-war protest album on which he reportedly lashes out at George W Bush in a song called Impeach the President. The Canadian star has described Living with War as "metal folk protest".
- 2006/04/15: CPunch: A Citizens Campaign to Interrogate the Supporters of These Wars - Stopping the Bush Juggernaut
- 2006/04/14: THP: It's Not the Questioning of Bush's Policy in Iraq That Brings Down Morale by Rep. John Murtha
- 2006/04/14: THP: Repentance Update: Ending the War vs. Defending Our Anti-War Purity
- 2006/04/13: USAToday: 'War on tax' waged against costs of war
- 2006/04/13: CPunch: Lessons from Connecticut - Time to Shake Up the Peace Movement
- 2006/04/12: CPunch: Resistance: The Remedy for Fear
- 2006/04/13: THP: Why the Anti-War Movement Needs to Embrace Repentance
- 2006/04/13: BBC: Jail for Iraq refusal RAF doctor
An RAF doctor who refused to serve in Iraq has been sentenced to eight months in jail and dismissed from the service.
Flt Lt Malcolm Kendall-Smith, 37, was found guilty of five charges of disobeying orders after he refused to go to Basra last June.
He claimed his actions were justified as the UK involvement was illegal.
- 2006/04/13: DailyMail: RAF doctor jailed [8 months] for refusal to go to Iraq
- 2006/04/13: Guardian(UK): US on par with Nazi Germany, says RAF officer in Iraq trial
- 2006/04/11: Guardian(UK): RAF doctor: I had no choice but to refuse Iraq duty
- 2006/04/12: Yahoo: US like Nazis in Iraq: UK refusenik
- 2006/03/15: TWT: There Are Criminals, and Then There Are Criminals by Cindy Sheehan
- 2006/04/11: ICH: A Markerless Grave in Vacaville by Cindy Sheehan
- 2006/04/11: CPunch: How to Beat a Bully on His Home Turf - O'Reilly and the Law of the Jungle
- 2006/04/10: ZMag: Four Words that Spoke Volumes
- 2006/04/11: BBC: Iraq service refusal 'justified'
An RAF doctor facing charges over his refusal to serve in Iraq has told a court martial that he disobeyed orders "as a duty under international law".
Flt Lt Malcolm Kendall-Smith, 37, who was based at RAF Kinloss in Scotland, has already served twice in Iraq but last year defied an order to return.
He claimed his actions were justified as the UK involvement was illegal.
- 2006/04/10: THP: Time to Change Direction by Rep. John Murtha
- 2006/04/07: ICH: The Anti-War Movement? by Cindy Sheehan
- 2006/04/07: CDreams: The Anti-War Movement? by Cindy Sheehan
- 2006/04/07: ZMag: Thinking Strategically - Challenges Facing the Anti-War Movement
- 2006/04/07: WSWS: Wisconsin towns vote for immediate US military withdrawal from Iraq
- 2006/04/04: DC: Divisions stark with antiwar referendum on Madison ballot - Divisions stark with antiwar referendum on Madison ballot
- 2006/04/03: TruthOut: Congressman [Jack Kingston (R-Ga)] Apologizes to Cindy Sheehan After Attacks
- 2006/04/01: CPunch: Walkin' to New Orleans
- 2006/03/29: BBC: Anti-war protesters lose appeals
Law lords have ruled against 20 anti-war campaigners who claimed they were right to take action aimed at preventing the Iraq war.
The group had asked if a valid defence was available to peace activists who allegedly broke the law to prevent an even greater "crime of aggression".
- 2006/03/29: Guardian(UK): 'If you start looking at them as humans, then how are you gonna kill them?'
They are a publicity nightmare for the US military: an ever-growing number of veterans of the Iraq conflict who are campaigning against the war. To mark the third anniversary
of the invasion this month, a group of them marched on Katrina-ravaged New Orleans...
- 2006/03/28: AlterNet: Keeping Tabs on the Peaceniks
What are political and activist groups like Indymedia and Food Not Bombs doing on the FBI's Terrorist Watch List?
- 2006/03/23: TruthOut: Volunteers for Endless War by Cindy Sheehan
- HRF: Human Rights First
- 2006/03/22: Yahoo: [Brisish] Military doctor [Flight Lieutenant Malcolm Kendall-Smith] to face court martial for refusing to return to Iraq
- 2006/03/21: People's Daily: U.S. anti-war protestors rally around Pentagon with mock coffin
- 2006/03/19: BostonGlobe: Change of heartland
On the third anniversary of the invasion of Iraq, many Indianians are no longer strongly behind the war
- 2006/03/19: THP: OK, You Marched: Now Here's What You Should Do Next
- 2006/03/19: APN: Walking to New Orleans - Veterans Arrive in Style
- 2006/03/20: WSWS: Thousands march in antiwar rallies in Australia and Asia
- 2006/03/20: WSWS: Europe: antiwar protests draw largest numbers in London and Rome
- 2006/03/20: WSWS: North American protests mark third anniversary of Iraq war
- 2006/03/20: SLTrib: Anti-war protesters in SLC, elsewhere lament apathy
- 2006/03/20: Guardian(UK): Peace marches - World marks three years for Iraq
- 2006/03/19: People's Daily: Thousands of Westerners hold demonstrations to mark Iraq war anniversary
- 2006/03/19: ZMag: Iraq War Resisters Stage 241-Mile Peace March Across US-Mexico Border
- 2006/03/18: SF Gate: Nearly 10,000 anti-war protesters gather for march through S.F.
- 2006/03/19: ArabNews: Global Rallies Mark Third Anniversary of Iraq War
- 2006/03/19: Xinhuanet: Rallies mark third anniversary of Iraq war across Southern California
- 2006/03/19: Xinhuanet: New Yorkers join nationwide anti-war protests
- 2006//: VFP: A New Approach: Organizing Voters to End War
- 2006/03/18: ICH: Pledging to Vote for Peace
- 2006/03/18: CPunch: Three Years On - Where's the Resistance Here on the Home Front?
- 2006/03/17: TruthDig: NYPD Engaging in 'Proactive' Protester Arrests
- 2006/03/18: BBC: Thousands join anti-war protest -
Thousands of anti-war protesters have turned out for a demonstration in central London calling for UK troops to leave Iraq.
- 2006/03/18: Yahoo: Thousands join Iraq war protest in London
- 2006/03/18: Yahoo: Global Protests Mark Iraq War Anniversary
- 2006/03/18: AntiWar: A Powerful New Voting Block Emerges - The Antiwar Movement Becoming a Political Force That Cannot Be Ignored
2006/03/17: TStar: Afghan mission adds fuel to [Canadian] anti-war protests
- 2006/03/17: PAM: 500+ Anti-war Actions Planned Across the U.S.
- 2006/03/17: ABC(US): Anti-Iraq War Demonstrators Seek Momentum
On the Third Anniversary of the Iraq War, Activists Want to Start Grass Roots Movement to End the Conflict
- 2006/03/17: Guardian(UK): The time for accounting - The case against the Iraq war and occupation has been entirely vindicated. It must be brought to an end
- 2006/03/16: Mercury: Protests to mark Iraq war's 3rd year
- 2006/03/16: Reuters: Rice defends Iraq, protesters cry "war criminal"
- 2006/03/09: Probative: FBI comes to Class
- 2006/03/14: ACLU: ACLU Releases First Concrete Evidence of FBI Spying Based Solely on Groups' Anti-War Views
- 2006/03/15: WashPost: FBI Took Photos of Antiwar Activists in 2002
- 2006/03/14: ZMag: Hungering For Justice At My First Congressional Testimony
- 2006/03/14: IRNA: German peace groups to protest US warmongering policy on Iran
- 2006/03/14: Yahoo: Sheehan Cancels Trip to Europe [because of injuries sustained while being arrested in New York]
- 2006/03/14: Guardian(UK): Vietnam war deserter arrested 38 years on
- 2006/03/11: ICH: There Are Criminals, and Then There Are CRIMINALS by Cindy Sheehan
- 2006/03/10: CDreams: SeattlePI: Canada Still a 'Refuge From Militarism'?
- 2006/03/08: ZMag: To End the War, U.S. Women Must Lead
- 2006/03/08: IRNA: Anti-war protest planned for Rice visit to UK
- 2006/03/06: ZMag: American Youth Counter-Recruitment
- 2006/03/07: THP: Will We Fight Iran?
- 2006/03/07: BBC: The US Supreme Court has ruled that universities receiving federal funds should allow military recruiters on their campuses.
- 2006/03/07: Yahoo: Cindy Sheehan Arrested After U.N. March
- 2006/03/07: WSWS: California Sheriff admits spying on antiwar group
- 2006/03/04: ZMag: 15 Arrested At White House Protesting U.S. Torture Practices
- 2006/03/04: SOSD: War in Iraq brings out protesters pro and con
- 2006/03/03: ZMag: A Common Cause by Cindy Sheehan and Sam Bostaph
- 2006/03/03: CKNW: Local protest held against Canadians in Afghanistan
- 2006/03/02: Guardian(UK): Mr Blair, you sent my son to die in a war based on lies [by Pauline Hickey]
Occupation has achieved nothing positive. It is time to bring our troops home and let the Iraqi people decide their own future
- 2006/03/02: Guardian(UK): Mother of dead soldier [Pauline Hickey, mother of Sergeant Christian Hickey] accuses Blair over Iraq
- GLAWNPS: Global Network Against Weapons and Nuclear Power in Space
- 2006/02/28: CPunch: Seven Arrested at White House Protest
- 2006/02/28: THP: Continuing My Fight [to bring our troops home as quickly and safely as possible] by Paul Hackett
- 2006/02/27: CDreams: Camp Casey and Germany by Cindy Sheehan
- 2006/02/27: ICH: Speak for Yourself by Cindy Sheehan
- 2006/02/25: CPunch: The Marchers Were Right - When 3 Million People Across the World Took to the Streets to Stop the War
- 2006/02/23: ZMag: Historians Against The War
- 2006/02/23: ZMag: Cindy Sheehan's Message to the Democrats
- 2006/02/23: THP: We've Lost the Hearts and Minds of the Iraqi People by Rep. John Murtha
- HRF: Human Rights First
- 2006/02/22: CDreams: MinutemanMedia: One by One, Towns are Urging Peace
- 2006/02/23: UPI: Lineup set for anti-war concert - Cindy Sheehan will be the guest of honor at the "Bring 'Em Home" concert
- 2006/02/21: BBC: New anti-war march plans unveiled
An anti-war march and rally is to be held in London as part of protests across the world to demand that US and UK troops pull out of Iraq.
- 2006/02/20: CPunch: Cindy Sheehan's Message to the Democrats - The Antiwar Movement Must Work Outside This Corrupt Party
- 2006/02/20: BBC: War protesters in Law Lord appeal
Anti-war protesters are at the centre of a landmark case at the House of Lords that could test the legality of the Iraq war.
Five law lords are hearing appeals by 19 people who took part in protests aimed at preventing military action.
Fourteen say they should not have been convicted of aggravated trespass near Southampton docks because they were trying to stop an "illegal war".
The same argument is being used by five others who entered RAF Fairford.
- 2006/02/20: WSWS: Democrats force antiwar candidate out of Ohio Senate race
- 2006/02/18: Yahoo: U.S. Church Alliance Denounces Iraq War [The 34 U.S. members of World Council of Churches]
- 2006/02/17: ICH: The Human Cost of War
- 2006/02/17: WashTimes: Rumsfeld slams war statements by Murtha
- 2006/02/16: CPunch: An Interview with Anti-War Faster Mike Ferner
"At Some Point We Have to Take Seriously the Idea of Putting a Very Large Wrench Into the Gears of This War Machine"
- 2006/02/16: THP: Support the Troops: Bring Them Home
- 2006/02/10: CDreams: The Line Has Crossed Us All: "Aiding and Abetting" Conviction Brings Six-Month Prison Sentence in SOA Trials
- 2006/02/10: ZMag: Enemies of the State: Free Speech and Japan's Courts
- 2006/02/08: ZMag: Our State of Union
- 2006/02/07: DVoice: Open Letter to Cindy Sheehan - Challenging the Pro-War Democrats
- 2006/02/06: CPunch: Compare [SP4] Daniel Burns to Chief Warrant Officer Welshofer - Spilling Blood: Two Sentences
- 2006/02/07: THP: John Murtha is "The Real Deal"
- 2006/02/06: BBC: Protester's assets to be seized
An anti-war campaigner who withheld 10% of his income tax in protest at the Iraq campaign is to have his assests seized by the Inland Revenue.
Douglas Barker, 72, of Purton, near Swindon, had contended that the Iraq war was illegal and that he should not be forced to help fund it.
- 2006/02/06: Yahoo: British man tried for deducting tax to protest Iraq war
- 2006/02/05: ZMag: Pentagon Database Leaves No Child Alone
- 2006/02/05: SundayHerald: Prime Minister [Blair] refuses to meet mother of Iraq war victim [Rose Gentle]
- 2006/02/04: CPunch: Another Mother Against Your War - RSVP to Bush
- 2006/02/04: BBC: Detained Galloway can enter Egypt
Outspoken Respect MP George Galloway has finally been allowed into Egypt after being detained and spending the night in a cell.
The politician went to the Middle East on Friday after being invited to join an event against the war in Iraq.
- 2006/02/03: CPunch: Invitation to a Demonstration - The World Can't Wait
- 2006/02/03: ZMag: Who will be the peace candidate in 2008?
- 2006/02/03: ZMag: Cindy Sheehan and Lesser-Evil Politics: Campaigning Against the War in California
- 2006/02/01: THP: Is the World Safer Today? by Rep. John Murtha
- 2006/02/02: WSWS: At Bush’s State of the Union: Cindy Sheehan arrested for wearing antiwar message
- 2006/02/01: CPunch: Getting Busted at the State of the Union by Cindy Sheehan
- 2006/02/01: IRNA: Mass protests planned against 42nd Munich Security Confab
- 2006/01/31: MMoore: What Really Happened...a message from Cindy Sheehan
- 2006/01/31: CNN: Sheehan arrested in House gallery
- 2006/01/30: WSWS: Punishment Park - 1970s radical protest film released on DVD
- 2006/01/29: Yahoo: Cindy Sheehan May Challenge Calif. Senator [Dianne Feinstein, to protest her support for the Iraq war]
- 2006/01/26: ICH: A New World Is Possible
- 2006/01/27: ZMag: A New World is Possible
- 2006/01/26: ZMag: A response to "In Need of a Proactive Peace Movement"
- 2006/01/27: CRG: Antiwar Group Infiltrated by the FBI
- 2006/01/25: Yahoo: Some US church leaders step up anti-war moves
- 2006/01/24: AntiWar: The Devastation We Inflict
- 2006/01/18: ZMag: Have Peace Activists Ever Stopped a War?
- HAW: Historians Against the War
- 2006/01/14: ZMag: In Need of a Proactive Peace Movement
- 2006/01/13: ZMag: Ending Occupation
- 2006/01/13: THP: Nation's Catholic Bishops Call For Transition Out Of Iraq...
- 2006/01/12: THP: Situation in Iraq Is Civil War by Rep. John Murtha
- 2006/01/12: ZMag: Speech delivered at the International Peace Conference
organized in London by the Stop the War Coalition on Saturday, December 10, 2005 by Hassan Jumaa Awad
- 2006/01/12: THP: The (Broken) Triangle: Progressive Bloggers in the Wilderness
- 2006/01/12: COMW: [25+] Iraq War Withdrawal and Exit Plans
- 2006/01/11: CPunch: NSA Spied on Baltimore Peace Group - And They've Got the Documents to Prove It
- Iraq Pledge of Resistance: A National Call for Nonviolent Resistance to the Continuing War in Iraq
- 2006/01/10: CPunch: Cindy Sheehan Interview
- 2006/01/10: RawStory: National Security Agency mounted massive spy op on Baltimore peace group, documents show
- 2006/01/10: Yahoo: Peace campaigner Cindy Sheehan writes memoir
- 2006/01/10: Scotsman: Poppy protest when 100th soldier killed
- 2006/01/09: ZMag: New Challenges for the Peace Movement in 2006: How some arguments against the war may be twisted to prolong it
- 2006/01/08: ZMag: A Peace Movement Demanding the Rule of Law
- Bush Commission - The International Commission of Inquiry On Crimes Against Humanity Committed by the Bush Administration
- 2006/01/07: ZMag: Sign The Global Women's Call For Peace In Iraq
- 2006/01/07: THP: RadioNation Debut at "Out of Iraq" Town Hall
- 2006/01/06: ICH: The Opposite of Good is Apathy
- 2006/01/05: ADS: Out of Iraq Events Planned in Over 130 Cities
- 2006/01/05: CPunch: New Challenges for the Antiwar Movement
- 2006/01/05: ArabNews: Let’s Stop This War Before More Heroes Are Killed
- 2006/01/03: ICH: Friends Don't Let Friends Commit War Crimes
- 2006/01/02: CPunch: Friends Don't Let Friends Commit War Crimes by Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/12/29: CPunch: Top 10 Antiwar Stories of 2005
- 2005/12/24: IRNA: Belgian peace groups call for withdrawal of US from Iraq
- 2003/04/08: S4P: 3 nuns guilty in silo protest - Women likely face terms of 5-8 years
- 2005/12/22: Globe&Mail:Nun who defaced missile silo out of jail
- 2005/12/19: CPunch: An Interview with Tony Benn - "The Responsibility Belongs to All of Us to End the War"
- 2005/12/19: CPunch: Warnings from a Military Man and Dad
- 2005/12/18: NCG: Charges Dropped, War Protestors Step Up Efforts
- 2005/12/18: uComics: (cartoon - Toles) The List of Terrorism Suspects
- 2005/12/15: CPunch: What Peace Needs
- 2005/12/16: ZMag: Has An Anti-war Campaign Ever Been So Mainstream?
- 2005/12/15: WSWS: Pentagon’s domestic spying operations target opponents of Iraq war
- 2005//: MSNBC: (pdf - 1344K) Department of Defense database listing domestic 'threats'
- 2005/12/14: MSNBC: Is the Pentagon spying on Americans? Secret database obtained by NBC News tracks 'suspicious' domestic groups
- 2005/12/11: Reuters: 'Peace mom' Sheehan in new play by Nobel winner [Dario Fo]
- 2005/12/09: Guardian(UK): 'I feel I'm carrying the world on my shoulders'
After Cindy Sheehan's son died in Iraq, her protest outside Bush's Texas ranch became a symbol of opposition to the war.
- 2005/12/08: AntiWar: Bird-Dogging Hillary Clinton - The antiwar movement steps up
- 2005/12/06: ZMag: Antiwar Veteran - Derek Seidman interviews Tomas Young
- 2005/12/07: WSWS: A valuable and compelling antiwar film - Gallipoli: The Front Line Experience, written and directed by Tolga Örnek
- 2005/12/05: ZMag: Resolution for a New World
- 2005/12/03: CPunch: Latino Troops Have Parents
- 2005/12/03: THP: Air War, Death Squads, Surging Peace Movement
- 2005/12/02: ZMag: Building an Antiwar Movement in Canada
- 2005/12/01: BBC: A British anti-war campaigner [Anas Altikriti] is travelling to Iraq to appeal directly for the release of hostage Norman Kember, who was kidnapped on Saturday.
- 2005/11/29: BostonGlobe: Iraq war protesters end vigil in Texas
- 2005/11/28: THP: Camp Casey 5 by Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/11/26: LewRockwell: Tactics, Not Strategy, in the Antiwar Movement
- 2005/11/25: TruthOut: "Sheehan's Stand" Monument Unveiled in Crawford
- 2005/11/26: TruthOut: Blessings? by Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/11/26: CPunch: He Pointed the Way Out; They Chopped Off His Hand - How the Democrats Undercut John Murtha
- 2005/11/24: CHB: Ain't no free speech allowed in Dubya's America
- 2005/11/25: PRWatch: Protesters Arrested
- 2005/11/24: ZMag: It's Time To Dump The Dems, Support The Green Insurgency
- 2005/11/26: People's Daily: US anti-war activists unveil monument [honouring Cindy Sheehan]
- 2005/11/25: Yahoo: Sheehan Back in Texas for War Protest
- 2005/11/25: ArabNews: Anti-Iraq War Protester Cindy Sheehan Publishes Book
- 2005/11/24: Guardian(UK): Anti-Iraq war families in high court bid
- 2005/11/23: GMToday: Peace group plans antiwar referendum
- 2005/11/23: News10: Sacramento City Council Stands Fast on Anti-War Resolution
- 2005/11/23: Yahoo: Protesters Arrested Near Bush's Ranch
Crawford, Texas - A dozen war protesters were arrested Wednesday for setting up camp near President Bush's ranch in defiance of new local bans on roadside camping and parking.
- 2005/11/23: AntiWar: Redeployment Is Not Withdrawal
- 2005/11/23: AntiWar: Democrats Take on Murtha - It takes a village to wage a needless, immoral war
- 2005/11/22: CPunch: Out of Iraq, Now - Rep. Maxine Waters, the Real Leader of the Anti-War Caucus
- 2005/11/21: ZMag: Twenty Thousand Gather at the Gates of Fort Benning to Shut Down the SOA
- 2005/11/21: SPTimes: Quakers continue protest against the School of the Americas
- 2005/11/19: WashPost: 'Peace Mom' Sheehan to Release Book
- 2005/11/19: CDreams: Woman GI Takes Stand Against War: Katherine Jashinski's Courage to Resist
- 2005/11/19: ABC(USA): War Resisters Remain in Canada with No Regrets
- 2005/11/18: WSWS: When is an ‘antiwar film’ not an antiwar film?
- 2005/11/18: WSWS: Right-wing smear campaign against antiwar vet Jimmy Massey
- 2005/11/17: BBC: US anti-war protester Cindy Sheehan has been fined for demonstrating without a permit outside the White House.
- 2005/11/17: WSWS: Students, parents rebuff US military recruiters
- 2005/11/16: ZMag: Veterans Against the War
- 2005/11/16: MSNBC: Cindy Sheehan's going back to Crawford
- 2005/11/16: NBC: Anti-War Mom [Cindy Sheehan] Demands Trial
- 2005/11/16: AntiWar: The Senators' Rebellion - Antiwar momentum is building: let's put it to good use
- 2005/11/10: ICH: Methodist Bishops Repent Iraq War 'Complicity'
- 2005/11/13: ZMag: Draft Resolution to End Military Recruitment Abuse
- 2005/11/13: ZMag: It's Not Up To The Court
- 2005/11/12: BostonGlobe: Veterans cancel their parade - Conflicting stories offered for move
For as long as many can remember, veterans have marched through Boston's Back Bay on Nov. 11, accompanied by bagpipes and marching bands, carrying flags and recalling the many who never returned from the wars they served in.
But yesterday, the streets along the Commonwealth Avenue Mall and Boston Common were strangely silent. The parade was canceled. In its place was a ceremony on City Hall Plaza that quickly turned into a political spat about US military
involvement in Iraq. And, just as that war has polarized civilians, it split the American Legion and a veterans' antiwar group, who offered sharply differing accounts of why the parade was called off.
- 2005/11/11: Globe&Mail: Court will hear U.S. war dodger's case
- 2005/11/11: BN(Ie): Date set for anti-war protesters' third trial
- 2005/11/11: SeattlePI: Protesters try to remove [2,000] Maine peace flags
- 2005/11/10: CBS: Colorado Soldier Founds Anti-War Group
- 2005/11/10: AntiWar: Look Who's Joined the Antiwar Chorus - Military and intelligence officials call for withdrawal
- 2005/11/08: DMR: Goal of U.S. inquiry into peace protest questioned -
Documents show U.S. officials used the specter of terrorism in an inquiry, antiwar activists say.
- 2005/11/07: THP: Standing Up to President Bush in Rhode Island
- 2005/11/07: THP: After His Son was Killed in Iraq, One Man Makes a Difference
- 2005/11/07: THP: The Difference Between Anti-War and Peace
- 2005/11/07: CB: IRS Goes After Anti-War Church But Lets Pro-Bush Churches Go Scot-Free
- 2005/11/07: FairUse: Antiwar Sermon Brings IRS Warning
All Saints Episcopal Church in Pasadena risks losing its tax-exempt status because of a former rector's remarks in 2004.
- 2005/11/05: FairUse: After 34 Years, His [Eric Bogle] Antiwar Song Is Still Not Out of Style
- 2005/11/03: MoscowTimes: Global Eye - Philosopher's Stone
While Potomac courtiers were reading the entrails of the cooked goose of Scooter Libby -- the first Bushist honcho caught in the slow-grinding gears of special prosecutor Patrick
Fitzgerald's investigation -- in Wiltshire, Flight Lieutenant Malcolm Kendall-Smith faced a court martial after declaring that the Iraq war was illegal and refusing to return for his third tour of duty there...
- 2005/11/04: ZMag: An Anti-War Speech in Martin Luther King Commons
- 2005/11/03: ZMag: The Case of David Hicks
- 2005/11/03: ZMag: I Can't Wait - Remarks for World Can't Wait Rally at White House
- 2005/11/02: SacBee: Council: Bring troops home
- 2005/11/02: MSNBC: Military recruiters under attack from parents - High school recruitment, a longtime tradition, raises worries in wartime
- 2005/11/01: RMN: Iraq vet works against war
- 2005/11/01: CPunch: An Interview with Kent State's Dave Airhart
- 2005/11/01: VVoice: Cindy Sheehan for President - Or Senate. The anti-war left seeks a challenger for Hillary Clinton
- 2005/10/30: 9News: Jury acquits Bush protester [Michael McCarthy]
- 2005/10/29: CPunch: University Threatens to Expel Iraq Vet Over Counter-Recruitment Protest - Crack Down at Kent State
- 2005/10/28: AntiWar: UK Refusenik Deserves Our Support
- Yahoo: AntiWar Movement
- 2005/10/27: IBA: Peaceful anti-war vigils light up Oakland streets - Small groups gather to acknowledge sacrifices of American troops in Iraq
- 2005/10/27: IBA: Students rally against military recruiters - Protesters at SFSU tout measure that opposes activity on public campuses
- 2005/10/24: AlterNet: Resisting Hillary
- 2005/10/26: THP: Grim Milestone
- 2005/10/26: FairUse: War Critic Sets Her Sights on Mrs. [Hillary] Clinton
- 2005/10/25: TheState: Peace activists to "die symbolically" outside White House
- 2005/10/24: AngusReid: Opposition to Bush's Iraq Policies Continues in U.S.
- 2005/10/23: NZHerald: NZ officer lines up costly counsel in anti-war court battle
- 2005/10/23: ZMag: "None of Us Have the Right to Avert Our Gaze"
- 2005/10/23: ZMag: They Are Not Numbers
- 2005/10/22: ICH: They Are Not Numbers
- 2005/10/20: MediaMatters: NY Times failed to identify Rice's "heckler" as a former U.S. diplomat
- 2005/10/21: THP: Sorry, Judy... Everybody Didn't Get it Wrong on WMD
- 2005/10/21: BBC: Bacharach writes anti-war lyrics
Pop composer Burt Bacharach has written his first lyrics in a career spanning nearly 50 years, expressing his disillusionment over the war in Iraq.
- 2005/10/21: SF: Raging Granny' Gets Marine Recruitment Letter
- 2005/10/20: CPunch: Impeachment Comes to NYC [Not in Our Name hosts an International Commission of Inquiry]
- 2005/10/18: CPunch: A Winter Patriot - Reflections on the Antiwar Movement
- 2005/10/17: THP: Peaceful Day in Iraq
- 2005/10/17: Guardian(UK): RAF officer faces court martial over Iraq war
- 2005/10/15: CPunch: Conscientious Objectors Must be Aggressive Advocates for Peace - From Chaos to Conscience to Peace by Monica Benderman
- 2005/10/12: ICH: Please Don’t Support My Troop
- 2005/10/13: CPunch: Why Cindy Sheehan Matters
- 2005/10/10: Rabble: A multitude asks for the end of the war
- 2005/10/13: SF Gate: Sheehan takes protest to governor
- 2005/10/12: Nation: Protest and Pushback on Campus
- 2005/10/12: ZMag: Three from Out of the Blue - Surprises of 2005 (So Far)
- 2005/10/10: CJRDaily: Journalism in Camouflage
- 2005/10/12: BBC: Italy G8 'brutality' trial opens [and adjourns until November]
Forty-five Italian police and medical staff have gone on trial accused of brutality against protesters arrested during the G8 summit in Genoa in 2001.
- 2005/10/12: BB: Anti-war group wants [Vermont Air National] Guard out of [Burlington International] airport
- 2005/10/11: CPunch: No Lie Left Untried
- 2005/10/11: CPunch: Showdown at Chuck E. Cheese
- 2005/10/10: CDreams: I Have Arrived; I Am Home by Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/10/09: HD: Parking ban near Bush ranch won't deter protestors
- 2005/10/08: ZMag: Conyers on Arrest of Antiwar Protesters
- HGAC: Houston Global Awareness Collective
- 2005/10/07: CPunch: Recruiters and Thugs on Campus - Why Do We Hate Our Freedom?
- 2005/10/06: CPunch: Dissent Down Under - When Antiwar Activists Get Mugged by Scott Parkin
- 2005/10/06: CPunch: Student Brutalized by Cops and Rightwing Students for Protesting On Campus Military Recruiting - Jackboots at George Mason
- 2005/10/06: ZMag: Banging The Gates
- 2005/10/07: People's Daily: Demonstration in Warsaw demanding Polish troops back from Iraq
- 2005/10/04: CPunch: Shocking the Two Party System - A Political Opportunity for Cindy Sheehan and the Antiwar Movement
- 2005/10/03: CPunch: Melee of the Young Republican Berserkers - Desperation at Holyoke
- 2005/10/03: CPunch: An Interview with Cindy Sheehan
- CAN: Campus Antiwar Network
- 2005/10/03: ZMag: We Will Not Be Intimidated - Campus Repression
- 2005/10/03: AntiWar: You Can't Fight 'Ists' and 'Isms' [Cindy Sheehan interview]
- 2005/10/02: SundayHerald: Iraq war protester Sheehan to visit UK
- DefConAmerica - The Campaign to Defend the Constitution
- 2005/09/29: TruthOut: Cindy Sheehan Interview - Our Imploding President
- 2005/10/01: CDreams: Times of Trenton: Anti-War Protesters Rally During Rice's Princeton Visit
- 2005/08/31: LoneStarIcon: How The Director Plans To Incorporate Fellini Style Into 'Deflating The Elephant'
"Americans must deflate Bush's ugly and false frame of 'war on terror,' created to justify siphoning billions of our tax dollars into an overblown war machine and
stuffing the pockets of his corporate cronies. Terrorists are criminals. They are not nations Congress could declare war against. We don't need generals to stop
international crimes. We need James Bond. We need international police action to find killers like Osama and Omar that our chicken hawk pResident let escape. We
need to neutralize the box cutters and homemade bombs by learning from Scotland Yard how to catch bombers in a couple of days without moving an army
half way around the world to hunt insurgents among oil wells and without bombing innocent villagers out of existence. We don't need nuclear bunker busters and Abraham tanks."
- 2005/09/30: ICH: How To Deflate The Elephant - The Federico Fellini - George Lakoff Connection
- 2005/09/29: ICH: The "American street" speaks: Will the Democratic Party listen?
- 2005/10/01: CPunch: I Gave My Copy of the Constitution to a Pro-War Vet
- 2005/10/01: CPunch: Sit Down. Get Up. Stand Up. - What Else Shall We Do?
- 2005/10/01: RH: Ex-Navy officer arrested at march - Vt. protester joins Sheehan in custody
- 2005/10/01: AntiWar: I Gave My Copy of the Constitution to a Pro-War Veteran
- 2005/09/30: CPunch: Why I Marched - They Forced My Son To Kill by Mary Geddry
- 2005/09/30: ZMag: Cindy Sheehan interview
- 2005/09/30: SeattlePI: Bush stages his own little protest
- 2005/09/30: AntiWar: Our Imploding President [Cindy Sheehan interview]
- 2005/09/29: ICH: Manipulating the Public Mind
- 2005/09/29: CPunch: What Opposition Party?
- 2005/09/29: CPunch: What Noble Cause?
- 2005/09/29: CPunch: Getting Arrested with Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/09/29: CPunch: Lame Democrats and Tame Republicans - No Leaders in Congress Against This War
- 2005/09/29: ZMag: Chicago City Council Votes 29-to-9 for Iraq Pullout
- 2005/09/29: ZMag: Resolution for Cambridge [MA] City Council to Bring the Troops Home
- 2005/09/29: TDS: Petition causes Legion dispute
A dispute over an anti-war petition signed by a Vietnam veteran has evolved into a war of words among Schoharie County American Legionnaires.
- 2005/09/28: CPunch: Sheehan and the Democrats
- 2005/09/28: ZMag: St Patrick's Four: A Victory for Nonviolence
- 2005/09/28: ZMag: More Dissent, More Censorship
- 2005/09/27: InformedComment: Conyers on Arrest of Antiwar Protesters
- 2005/09/28: MSNBC: Sheehan confronts McCain - Gold Star mom tells Hardball about the meeting, her anti-war movement
- 2005/09/28: WSWS: Sri Lankan military threatens antiwar filmmakers
- 2005/09/28: WSWS: War protestors acquitted on federal conspiracy charges in New York
- 2005/09/28: WSWS: After September 24: What way forward in the struggle against war?
- 2005/09/28: USAToday: Sheehan calls McCain 'warmonger' after meeting
- 2005/09/27: ZMag: Media and Dissent
- 2005/09/27: ICH: My First Time by Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/09/27: ICH: Reaping the Harvest - They Can't Fool Us Anymore by Rep. Cynthia McKinney
- 2005/09/27: ICH: More Dissent, More Censorship
- 2005/09/26: ICH: Sheehan Arrested During Anti-War Protest
- 2005/09/26: ICH: Peaceful Assault on the Epicenter of Evil
- 2005/09/27: CPunch: Arrested at the Pentagon - Bringing the War Home
- 2005/09/27: THP: Why I Was Smiling and Hurricane Rita
- 2005/09/27: RawStory: Democratic congressman says conspiracy trial
ironic; Sees Bush conspiracy to attack and occupy Iraq
- 2005/09/26: MainStUSA: Good Article on St. Patrick's Four
- 2005/09/26: SP4: St. Patrick's Four Not Guilty of Conspiracy; Charged with Misdemeanors
- 2005/09/26: Yahoo: Anti-war campaigner Sheehan, hundreds more arrested outside White House
- 2005/09/27: WashPost: Stop, Children, What's That Sound?
- 2005/09/26: AINA: Veterans, Soldiers' Families Gather in Washington in Support of Iraq War
The demonstration attracted about 400 supporters, a stark contrast to the tens of thousands of anti-war activists who assembled near the White House on Saturday. The lopsided weekend clash over the war came as the insurgency in Iraq
continued to claim more lives and the federal government tried to cope with billions of dollars in spending on the war and on the hurricane devastation in the Gulf Coast.
- 2005/09/27: AntiWar: Top Democrats Flee Peace Protests
- 2005/09/26: CDreams: Minneapolis Star Tribune: Tens of Thousands Join in One Voice: Get Out of Iraq
- 2005/09/26: CDreams: Bangor Daily News: Mainers Join D.C. Peace March, Blast Iraq War, Katrina Efforts
- 2005/09/26: CDreams: Aspen Times: 'It Just Has to Stop' - Valley residents join massive anti-war protest in D.C.
- 2005/09/26: CDreams: Reuters: Anti-War Mother Cindy Sheehan Arrested Outside White House
- 2005/09/26: CDreams: TD: "No Iraqis Left Me on a Roof to Die" - Katrina and Cindy Blow into Town
- 2005/09/26: CDreams: The News Media and the Antiwar Movement
- 2005/09/26: CDreams: Columbus Free Press: Speaking Truth to Power in Washington, DC
- 2005/09/26: CDreams: Women Activists: Creative, Proud & Strong
- 2005/09/26: CDreams: Nation: Make Levees, Not War
- 2005/09/26: CDreams: THP: Last Weekend Karl Rove Said I Was a Clown by Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/09/26: CDreams: St. Patrick's Four Closing Arguments
- 2005/09/26: CDreams: Iraq War Veterans Presence in D.C. Unreported
- 2005/09/25: CDreams: Boston Globe: Democrats Still Fear Dissent on Iraq
- 2005/09/25: CDreams: CapTimes: Anti-War Idealism
- 2005/09/25: CDreams: Time To Bring Our Troops Home
- 2005/09/25: ICH: Why we Have to get the Troops Out of Iraq
- 2005/09/25: ICH: For Many, Anger Has Grown Since Start of War
- 2005/09/26: CPunch: Democrats Flee Peace Protests
- 2005/09/26: CPunch: Blair, Spiro Agnew and the Antiwar Movement
- 2005/09/26: CPunch: They Can't Fool Us Anymore by Rep. Cynthia McKinney
- 2005/09/26: CPunch: A Small March for Me, a Giant March for the Antiwar Movement
- 2005/09/26: CPunch: The Media and the Antiwar Movement
- 2005/09/26: ZMag: SP4 Trials
- 2005/09/26: ZMag: 'No Iraqis Left Me on a Roof to Die' - Katrina and Cindy Blow into Town
- 2005/09/26: ZMag: Slogans of the March
- 2005/09/25: BostonGlobe: Democrats still fear dissent on Iraq
- 2005/09/25: IMag: Media Flounders As Antiwar Movement Grows
- 2005/09/26: FairUse: "Make levees, not war"
Rita and infighting among organizers threatened to make the day a washout, but Saturday's massive antiwar protest took Washington by storm.
- 2005/09/25: Tomgram: Voices from the Frontlines of Protest, Washington D.C.
- 2005/09/26: BBC: US anti-war mother held at rally
Cindy Sheehan, the anti-war protester and mother of a US soldier killed in Iraq, has been arrested during a demonstration outside the White House.
- 2005/09/26: DemNow: Actor Jessica Lange Speaks Out at Anti-War Protest in DC
- 2005/09/26: WashPost: Sheehan Arrested Outside White House
- 2005/09/26: HoustonChronicle: Sheehan arrested at White House protest
- 2005/09/26: DemNow: Military Families Join Hundreds of Thousands of Anti-War Protesters Rallying in Washington
- 2005/09/26: Rediff: Britons want troops pulled out of Iraq: Poll
- 2005/09/26: SunTimes: Sheehan arrested during anti-war protest
- 2005/09/26: AntiWar: No Child Left Alive - Desperate for warm bodies, the military targets your child
- 2005/09/26: AntiWar: Voices From the Frontlines of Protest
- 2005/09/26: AntiWar: The Antiwar Majority Versus the pro-war elites
- 2005/09/26: WSWS: Tens of thousands march in London against Iraq occupation
- 2005/09/26: WSWS: Massive Washington march demands end to war in Iraq
- 2005/09/26: Guardian(UK): Peace protest marchers call for troop withdrawal
- 2005/09/25: TruthOut: Anti-War Fervor Fills the Streets - Demonstration is largest in capital since US military invaded Iraq.
- 2005/09/24: CDreams: Independent(UK): Soldier's [Hart Viges] Chilling Testimony Fuels Demonstrations Against Iraq War
- 2005/09/24: CDreams: Independent(UK): 'You Can't Wash Your Hands When They're Covered in Blood' by Hart Viges
- 2005/09/24: CDreams: Reuters: 'End This War': Hundreds of Thousands Protest Iraq War
- 2005/09/24: CDreams: Progressive: The Protests Escalate
- 2005/09/24: CDreams: Nation: "Victory Means Exit Strategy..." [an anti-war quiz]
- 2005/09/23: CDreams: Independent(UK): When Rose [Gentle] Met Cindy [Sheehan]: The Case Against the War in Iraq
- 2005/09/23: CDreams: LA Times: Antiwar Bus Tour Rolls Into Capital for Protests
- 2005/09/23: CDreams: Boston Globe: Antiwar Activists Split on Withdrawal On Eve of Protest, Discord on Timing
- 2005/09/23: CDreams: The Anti-War Moment - With polls turning and Congress restless, timing is ripe for a return of organized resistance to the war in Iraq.
- 2005/09/23: CDreams: Why We're Marching
- 2005/09/25: People's Daily: Protesters launch anti-war march in London
- 2005/09/25: People's Daily: Anti-war protestors call for US withdrawal from Iraq
- 2005/09/25: THP: So This Is The Little Lady Who...
- 2005/09/25: InformedComment: Tens of Thousands Demonstrate Against Iraq War
- 2005/09/25: Turkish Press: Anti-war rallies condemn Bush and Blair
- 2005/09/24: BBC: Several thousand protesters have taken part in a demonstration in central London against the conflict in Iraq.
- 2005/09/25: WashPost: Antiwar Fervor Fills the Streets - Demonstration Is Largest in Capital Since U.S. Military Invaded Iraq
- 2005/09/25: Independent(UK): Thousands march to demand withdrawal of troops from Iraq
- 2005/09/24: KRN: Anti-war protesters hope to increase pressure on Bush
- 2005/09/24: SF Gate: Thousands protest the Iraq war
- 2005/09/24: KBCI:
Anti-war protests in London, Paris and Rome
- 2005/09/24: Yahoo: Crowds Opposed to Iraq War March on D.C.
- 2005/09/24: CNN: Huge rally against Iraq war
- 2005/09/24: WashPost: Antiwar Protests Commence in Washington [Protestors - 200,000; Police - 150,000]
- 2005/09/24: TN: Thousands of Californians protest Iraq war
- 2005/09/24: ICH: Anti-war movement takes to streets on both sides of Atlantic
- 2005/09/24: CPunch: A Movement Gathers Power on the Sorrow Plateau
- 2005/09/24: CPunch: The Middlebury Declaration
- 2005/09/23: CPunch: (transcript) Debating Cindy Sheehan - Bill O'Reilly vs. Phil Donahue
- 2005/09/24: THP: Cindy Sheehan: My Speech at the Anti-War Rally
- 2005/09/24: THP: Thousands Protest in D.C...
- 2005/09/24: al Jazeera: War protesters take to US, UK streets
- 2005/09/24: BBC: Thousands of anti-war protesters are marching in Washington to demand the withdrawal of US troops from Iraq.
- 2005/09/24: Yahoo: Thousands march in Europe against Iraq war
- 2005/09/24: Yahoo: Anti-War Protesters March in Washington
- 2005/09/24: Reuters: Thousands march through London in Iraq war protest
- 2005/09/24: AntiWar: For an effective protest
- 2005/09/24: WashPost: Anti-War Protesters March in Washington
- 2005/09/24: Guardian(UK): Anti-war movement takes to streets on both sides of Atlantic
- 2005/09/23: ZMag: Dear President Bush: a conversation between Cindy Sheehan and Greg Ruggiero
- 2005/09/22: CPunch: Trial of the St. Patrick's Four, Day One
- 2005/09/22: THP: Annoy Cheney -- March on Saturday
- 2005/09/22: KRN: Top Democrats won't attend anti-war rally in Washington
- 2005/09/23: Yahoo: Anti-war protesters pick up steam and take cause to D.C.
- 2005/09/23: SF Gate: War protests make for strange bedfellows -
Liberal groups set aside their differences over Israel-Palestinian issues for D.C. rally
- 2005/09/23: NYT: 3rd Antiwar Defendant Is Held in Contempt
- 2005/09/22: AlterNet: The Anti-Iraq War Movement is a Far Cry From Vietnam
- 2005/09/23: WSWS: War protesters tried on federal conspiracy charges in New York
- 2005/09/22: WashPost: Peace by Pieces - New -- and Old -- Antiwar Protesters Hope to Turn Momentum Into a Movement
- 2005/09/22: BBerg: Washington Girds for War Protesters, Civil Resistance
- 2005/09/21: CPunch: Military Recruiters, Counselers or Salesmen?
- 2005/09/21: CPunch: Sit Down in DC
- 2005/09/21: CPunch: NYPD Unplugs Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/09/21: VVoice: The New Fight Against the War - A big march in D.C. marks a change in tactics for those who want the U.S. out of Iraq
- 2005/09/21: WashPost: Battle Lines Behind the Battle Lines - Protest to Make D.C. A Flash Point for Rift Among Military Families
- 2005/09/19: PNS: Far Cry From Vietnam -- New Silent Majority Sets Pace for Anti-Iraq War Movement
- 2005/09/21: PRWeb: Soldiers Back From Iraq Support Cindy Sheehan's Antiwar Stance
- 2005/09/20: USAToday: War opponents target military recruiters in high schools
- 2005/09/21: AntiWar: NYPD Unplugs Cindy Sheehan, but Not the Antiwar Movement
- 2005/09/21: WSWS: New York City police attack Cindy Sheehan at antiwar rally
- 2005/09/20: VVoice: Cindy Sheehan Takes on the Democrats, Hillary Clinton
- 2005/09/16: SeattlePI: Raging Grannies' message: Speak up and sing out
- 2005/09/19: TruthOut: Mother Who Lost Son in Iraq Continues Fight against War
- 2005/09/20: ZMag: Memory's Revenge
- 2005/09/20: Nation: No Place for a Poet at a Banquet of Shame
- 2005/09/20: WSWS: "Bring Them Home Now Tour" stops in Pittsburgh - Families of fallen US soldiers: "We are on a mission - we don’t want any more dead"
- 2005/09/19: NYT: Mother Who Lost Son in Iraq Continues Fight Against War
- 2005/09/19: VVoice: NYPD Unplugs Cindy Sheehan - City’s Finest pulls move even Bush wouldn’t have tried
- 2005/09/19: ICH: Wake Up by Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/09/19: CPunch: The Anti-War Movement Goes on Trial
- 2005/09/19: CPunch: The Anti-war Movement in Italy - Hunger Strike Against Censorship
- 2005/09/19: ZMag: Free Speech Under Fire - Hosty v. Carter and Higher Education's War on Dissent
- 2005/09/19: AntiWar: Today, the Antiwar Movement Goes on Trial
- 2005/09/17: THP: Rove Off The Record On The Anti-War Movement: Cindy Sheehan Is A Clown. There Is No Real Anti-War Movement...
- 2005/09/17: ZMag: Interviewing Cagan [National Coordinator of United for Peace and Justice]
- 2005/09/17: ZMag: Chicago City Council Votes 29-to-9 for Iraq Pullout
- 2005/09/17: uComics: (cartoon - Rall) Iraq War Survivor - DeathMatch
- 2005/09/17: THP: Cindy Sheehan: What Noble Cause?
- The St. Patrick's Four
- 2005/09/16: CPunch: The Feds Confront the Anti-War Movement - The St. Patrick Four
- George Galloway Tour Blog
- 2005/09/14: TRP: Galloway Does Boston Proud
- 2005/09/14: PRWeb: Mother and Anti-War Hero Cindy Sheehan Signs with Speaking Matters LLC for Public Speaking Tour
- 2005/09/13: CPunch: Galloway Goes to Washington
- 2005/09/13: ZMag: Mr. Galloway Goes to Washington
- 2005/09/13: Ascribe: Cindy Sheehan Joins Veterans in Ongoing Effort to Aid Hurricane Victims
- 2005/09/13: WSWS: 'Bring them home now' tour holds rally in Detroit
- 2005/09/12: CPunch: Defund the War Now! Confronting Nancy Pelosi
Although she describes the war as a "grotesque mistake", she has consistently voted to fund the war.
- 2005/09/12: PRWatch: Legal Challenge to Australia's Bid to Deport Activist
- 2005/09/12: THP: Cindy Sheehan: Camp Casey to DC Update
- 2005/09/12: ABC(Au): Peace activism no reason for deportation, [Australian Opposition Leader, Kim] Beazley says
- 2005/09/12: PG: Hundreds join Sheehan in rally against Iraq war
- 2005/09/12: OrlandoSentinel: Anti-war sentiment swells in Florida, with many wanting troops home within year
- LewRockwell: Cindy Sheehan: Archives
- 2005/09/08: LewRockwell: What Kind of Extremist Will You Be?
- 2005/09/10: KCAL: Anti-war mom Cindy Sheehan criticizes Sen. Feinstein's stance on Iraq
- 2005/09/09: AntiWar: A Time for Action - Focus on Sept. 24-26 days of protest
- 2005/09/08: WashPost: Storm's Devastation Fans Antiwar Flame
- 2005/09/08: SunTimes: Peace Mom draws both sides to rallies here [Chicago]
- 2005/09/07: CPunch: Kucinich Speaks - Democratic Leadership Needs to Get Out of the Way
- 2005/09/06: OMBWatch: FBI Documents Reveal Further Spying on Peace, Civil Rights Groups
- 2005/09/03: WA:LHumanite: A Plain-Spoken Mom Outguns George W.
- 2005/09/06: CDreams: MontgomeryAdvertiser: Anti-War Rally Held at Capitol
- 2005/09/06: ZMag: Antiwar Events Leading to September 24
- 2005/09/04: CDreams: MinneapolisStarTribune: It Started with One Mother, and a Movement Was Born
- 2005/09/04: CDreams: SundayTimes(UK): Galloway and Fonda Forge a Fighting Pact
- 2005/09/05: ABC(Au): Jane Fonda to join UK MP on anti-Bush tour
- 2005/09/05: CPunch: Bush's Answer to Cindy Sheehan, "It was About Oil"
On Aug. 30, 2005, less than a minute after declaring that if terrorists "gain control of Iraq" they would "seize oil fields to fund their ambitions,"
President Bush vowed: "We will stay on the offensive. We will stand with the people of Iraq. And we will prevail."
- 2005/09/05: WSWS: Report from final days of "Camp Casey" - Soldier returned from Iraq: "The rich don’t fight wars in America"
- 2005/08/28: PNT: The heart of the matter?
As much as I despise "idolization" and hyperpoliticization, at least Cindy Sheehan is asking a question a lot of people want an answer to...
- 2005/09/04: uComics: (cartoon - Trudeau) La Fonda
- 2005/09/02: TruthOut: Spying on the Protesters
- 2005/09/02: TruthOut: Anti-War Activists Plan Massive DC Rally [September 24th]
- 2005/09/03: ZMag: SP4 Trial
- 2005/09/03: ZMag: The Cindy Spark
- 2005/09/03: AntiWar: The Bipartisan Consensus
- 2005/09/02: AHN: Anti-War Protest Planned In D.C. [September 24th]
- 2005/09/01: PWW: Military families launch ‘Bring Them Home Now’ tour
- 2005/09/02: ZMag: Yuppies and the Peace Movement
- 2005/09/01: ZMag: Between The Crosses
- 2005/08/31: CDreams: SF Chronicle: Protest on the Road: Anti-war demonstrators leaving Bush's Texas ranch to take their message to the people
- 2005/08/31: uComics: (cartoon - Trudeau) Cindy vs the Donut Review
- 2005/08/31: CPunch: What's Eating Cindy Sheehan?
- 2005/08/31: THP: My Last Post From Crawford
- 2005/08/30: LewRockwell: The Acoustics of a Ditch Empowers Americans to Question the War
- 2005/08/31: TomPaine: Anti-War America
- 2005/08/30: THP: Good By to Crawford, But Not to Camp Casey
- 2005/08/30: WashPost: Slight Majority Say Bush Should Meet With Sheehan - Survey Suggests Mother's Actions Have Little Impact on War Views
- 2005/08/30: AntiWar: The President, Cindy Sheehan, and How Words Die
- 2005/08/29: Yahoo: Martin Sheen, Sharpton Visit Anti-War Camp
- 2005/08/29: EI: Camp Casey Diary: Tuesday 23rd to Sunday 28th August 2005
- 2005/09/: NewYorker: War and Antiwar
- 2005/08/29: CPunch: War Liberals and Cindy Sheehan - Triangulation for War
- 2005/08/29: ZMag: Triangulation for War
- 2005/08/29: ZMag: Catapulting the Propaganda - The President, Cindy Sheehan, and How Words Die
- 2005/08/29: DerSpiegel: Cindy Sheehan versus George W. Bush: The Iraq War Besieges Crawford
- 2005/08/29: DVoice: Extremists
We seem to be on the cusp of achieving a truly independent media -- independent from facts, independent from reality, and now, finally, entirely independent from the views of the overwhelming majority of the American people.
- 2005/08/29: TD: A Worldview Repeated Once Too Often? Catapulting the Propaganda - The President, Cindy Sheehan, and How Words Die
- 2005/08/29: CSM: Did the Cindy Sheehan vigil succeed?
- 2005/08/25: ICH: Cindy Sheehan's Diary - Camp Casey, Day 18
- 2005/08/25: ICH: Cindy Sheehan's Diary - Camp Casey, Day 18
- War Resisters League Statement of Solidarity with Cindy Sheehan and Gold Star Families for Peace
- 2005/08/28: WacoTrib: Arrests, rhetoric highlight protests
- GPAX: Green Party Committees: Peace Action
- 2005/08/10: GP: Greens Support Cindy Sheehan's Protest Vigil in Crawford, TX.
- 2005/08/28: ZMag: Green [Party, USA] Demand Withdrawal
- 2005/08/27: THP: Looking for Answers, in Crawford and Beyond
- 2005/08/27: Turkish Press: Demonstrators flood Bush hometown
- 2005/08/28: NYT: The Vietnamization of Bush's Vacation
- 2005/08/27: BBC: Charges have been dropped against five elderly anti-war protesters [Tucson Raging Grannies] who tried to enlist at a US military recruitment centre
- 2005/08/28: Times(UK): Texas skirmishes bring the war home to Bush
George W Bush’s home town of Crawford, Texas has a population of 700, but thousands were temporarily added to the total yesterday as supporters and opponents of the Iraq war held rival demonstrations in the sleepy backwater.
- 2005/08/27: WashPost: Near the President's Ranch, Protests Expand in the Heat
- 2005/08/28: NYT: In War Debate, Parents of Fallen Are United Only in Grief
- 2005/08/28: WashPost: Peace Rally, 9/11 Walk Become Dueling Events - Antiwar Groups Assail Pentagon Tribute
- 2005/08/26: JTimes: Debatable: Military families support or oppose Cindy Sheehan?
- 2005/08/27: TruthOut: Standoff Continues in Crawford
- 2005/08/27: TruthOut: Sheehan to Visit DeLay Next
- 2005/08/27: CDreams: Bush's Exit Strategy: Escape to Crawford
- 2005/08/27: CDreams: StarTrib: 'What They Died For' in Iraq is a Mystery
- 2005/08/27: CDreams: AP: Charges Dropped Against Tucson's 'Raging Grannies'
- 2005/08/27: CDreams: Independent(UK): Galloway to Go on Anti-War Tour of US with Jane Fonda
- 2005/08/27: CPunch: The Exploitation of Tammy Pruett - Another Mother for War
- 2005/08/27: THP: Cindy Sheehan: Camp Casey, Day 20
- 2005/08/27: al Jazeera: Protesters square off near Bush ranch
- 2005/08/27: Yahoo: Bush braces U.S. for sacrifice as protesters gather
- 2005/08/27: AntiWar: What Are We Fighting For?
- 2005/08/27: Guardian(UK): Hawks and doves descend on Bush ranch
- 2005/08/26: WashPost: Standoff Continues in Crawford - As Bush, Sheehan Return, Both Sides Plan Rallies
- 2005/08/26: CPunch: Cindy Sheehan's Call for Peace - The Power of the Ordinary
- 2005/08/25: CPunch: Impressions from Camp Casey
- 2005/08/25: TruthOut: Questioning the President
A servile Congress has let Bush go on permanent vacation. But with US security hanging in the balance, it's time to ask the hard-hitting questions.
- 2005/08/25: RawStory: Pro-Bush supporter and veteran criticizes protesters, pullout call
- 2005/08/24: MT: The Politics of Slander
With the president's poll numbers dropping and anti-Iraq war sentiment rising, the Heritage Foundation is sponsoring an event built around the premise that the anti-war movement is anti-American
- 2005/08/26: DemNow: Grieving Military Mothers Rally Around Cindy Sheehan at Camp Casey
- 2005/08/24: Yahoo: "There's something happening here"
- 2005/08/25: BBC: Protest mother [Cindy Sheehan] back at Bush ranch
- 2005/08/25: MSNBC: War protester mom plans bus tour - Sheehan says trip will end Sept. 24 in D.C., where she will hold a vigil
- 2005/08/25: AntiWar: [GWB] Trapped in His Own Roach Motel
- 2005/08/24: CNN: Sheehan returns to Crawford - Dead soldier's mom resumes anti-war vigil
- 2005/08/25: Asia Times: Breaking point in the heartland
- 2005/08/25: Asia Times: Why Casey Sheehan was killed
- 2005/08/22: DailyKos: All Hell Breaks Loose in Utah
- 2005/08/24: CDreams: Reuters: Anti-Iraq War Parents to Take Protests Across Nation
- 2005/08/24: CDreams: AP: Salt Lake Mayor's Anti-War Stance Reverberates Beyond Conservative Utah
- 2005/08/24: CDreams: USA Today: Bush Dogged on Vacation by Critics
- 2005/08/24: CPunch: Congress Should Go to Crawford
- 2005/08/24: ZMag: Military Families May Once Again Lead Us Out of War
- 2005/08/24: TPMCafe: It's remarkable that Cindy Sheehan has effectively driven the President out of Texas...
- 2005/08/25: Australian: Mother to resume Bush ranch sit-in
- 2005/08/24: AntiWar: The Democrats and Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/08/24: WSWS: Bush’s campaign on Iraq: more lies in defense of war
- 2005/08/24: THP: Cindy Sheehan: Coming Back to Crawford
- 2005/08/23: CSM: Sheehan a critical tipping point for Bush presidency?
- 2005/08/23: TruthOut: Bush Says Iraq Withdrawal Would Weaken US
- 2005/08/23: TruthOut: Thousands Protest Bush, Iraq War In Salt Lake City
- 2005/08/23: CPunch: The Democrats and Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/08/23: CPunch: The Politics of Death
- 2005/08/22: NQ: What George Bush should know about Casey Sheehan
- 2005/08/23: THP: My Response to George as he Speaks From his Vacation Away From his Vacation by Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/08/22: BGeiger: Rowley Runs Into Bimbo And Bully
- 2005/08/19: BBC: Texas protest pressure point
- 2005/08/23: AngusReid: Bush Approval at All-Time Low in U.S.
- 2005/08/23: AntiWar: Demand Accountability
- 2005/08/23: WSWS: Protesters rally outside Bush ranch in show of support for Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/08/21: LA Times: War Could Pivot on U.S. Hearts and Minds
- 2005/08/17: EIraq: Letter from Camp Casey: Life at Camp Casey, Crawford
- 2005/08/22: WW: "Camp Casey" actions spread across the U.S.
- 2005/08/22: THP: Sheehan Breakthroughs, Unbridgeable Divides, and Taboos Unbroken
- 2003/02/10: SLC: Proclamation of Salt Lake City Mayor Ross C. "Rocky" Anderson Regarding Conflict with Iraq
- 2005/08/22: AntiWar: The Tide Is Turning, Mr. President
- 2005/08/22: Guardian(UK): Pro-war lobby rallies at Bush ranch
- 2005/08/21: SLBP: Joan Baez performing at war protest near Bush ranch
- 2005/08/21: CDreams:PhiladelphiaInquirer: Others Besides Sheehan are Asking, 'How Long?'
- 2005/08/21: CDreams:BostonGlobe: The Fallout from One Mom's Voice
- 2005/08/21: CDreams:PittsbughPost-Gazette: An Honorable Marine Killed in a Dishonorable War
- 2005/08/21: CDreams:PhiladelphiaInquirer: Antiwar Landscape May Shift, Come September
- 2005/08/21: CDreams:NYT: The Swift Boating of Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/08/21: NYT:
The Swift Boating of Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/08/21: al Jazeera: US TV station rejects anti-war ad
- 2005/08/21: Telegram(US): War Backers Start Camp Near Bush Ranch
- 2005/08/20: SL Trib: Rocky's call to protest Bush makes vets see red - Mayor's e-mail: 'Nothing radical,' supporters say
- 2005/08/20: SF Gate: The face behind Bush vigil
- 2005/08/21: WashPost: Refusal to See Sheehan Is Second-Guessed A Decision Characteristic of Bush Has the Potential to Be a Consequential Act
- 2005/08/17: ZMag: Action Alert - Organize a Vigil to Support Cindy
- 2005/08/17: ZMag: Blaming Antiwar Messengers
- 2005/08/21: Guardian(UK): Mother tips balance against Bush - Vigil outside the president's ranch galvanises the anti-war movement.
- 2005/08/17: NQ: The Right Wing Bully Boys vs Mom
- 2005/08/20: CDreams: Painting Cindy
- 2005/08/20: CDreams: Hypocrites and Liars by Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/08/20: CDreams: Nation: Feingold Tunes in to Antiwar Sentiment
- 2005/08/20: CDreams: LA Times: She's Paid for Her Access in Blood - Cindy Sheehan deserves to meet with the president as much as those forking over the big bucks
- 2005/08/20: CDreams: NYT: Hey, What's That Sound?
- 2005/08/20: CDreams: Frequently Asked Questions: Cindy Sheehan, Peace Mom
- 2005/08/20: CDreams: Moral Authority by Gary Hart
- 2005/08/20: CDreams: Mother Cindy has Personalized This Automated War by Ralph Nader
- 2005/08/20: CPunch: A Daytrip Without Cindy - Friday at Camp Casey
- 2005/08/20: CPunch: Cindy Sheehan and Creative Protest
- 2005/08/20: CPunch: When Sympathy is Not Enough
- 2005/08/20: CPunch: "All of Our Stories Are Sad"
- 2005/08/20: CPunch: The President's Dilemma
- 2005/08/20: THP: Amazing Day at Camp Casey
- 2005/08/20: AntiWar: A Real Peace Movement?
- 2005/08/18: People's Daily: Cindy's anger
- 2005/08/19: ICH: A Simple Question and the Power of Shame
- 2005/08/19: ICH: Strike For Peace - Petition For Peaceful Priorities
- 2005/08/18: Cryptome: Eyeballing the Bush Ranch Protest 3
- 2005/08/19: THP: Bush's Fury Over Sheehan
- 2005/08/19: THP: Why Are the Media Having Such a Hard Time Covering Cindy Sheehan?
- 2005/08/19: CPunch: Cindy Sheehan's Tragedy is Real - The Rosa Parks of the Anti-War Movement
- 2005/08/19: CPunch: Something's Happened - America Has Turned Against the War
- 2005/08/19: ZMag: The Rosa Parks Of The Anti-war Movement
- 2005/08/19: ZMag: "I've Got a Life to Live:" The Obliviousness of Boy-King George
- 2005/08/19: CNN: Sheehan plans return to antiwar camp - Protester tending to ailing mother
- 2005/08/19: THP: Bush's Fury Over Sheehan
- 2005/08/19: THP: Why Are the Media Having Such a Hard Time Covering Cindy Sheehan?
- 2005/08/19: DemNow: Crawford Vigil Is Not Over - Cindy Sheehan After Mother's Stroke: "I Want to Get Back As Soon As Possible"
- 2005/08/19: AntiWar: Mothers and Veterans Reach Out to Middle America
- 2005/08/19: AntiWar: Why Casey Sheehan Was Killed
- 2005/08/19: AntiWar: The Floodgates Open - Russ Feingold, Chuck Hagel, and Cindy Sheehan give voice to the pro-peace zeitgeist
- 2005/08/18: BBC: US anti-war movement gains steam - Cindy Sheehan's roadside protest outside President Bush's ranch has rallied America's anti-war movement
- 2005/08/18: StarTrib: Anti-war protest draws more than 1,000
- 2005/08/19: BBC: Protester Sheehan to leave Texas [because her mother has had a stroke]
- 2005/08/17: MoveOn: Vigil for Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/08/18: CPunch: Cindy, the Peace Train and the Little Ditch that Could
- 2005/08/18: CPunch: There's No Glory in Dying
- 2005/08/17: CPunch: Shaming the Shameless
- 2005/08/17: CPunch: Blaming the Antiwar Messengers
- 2005/08/18: THP: Memo to Drudge, et al: It's Not About Me, It's About the War
- 2005/08/18: WashPost: Deploying Cindy's Antiwar Army
- 2005/08/18: Yahoo: Nationwide [more than 1,600] Vigils Call for End of Iraq War
- 2005/08/18: DHowler: Vacations Don’t Work! [MS Media & Sheehan]
- 2005/08/18: DMRegister: War protesters, opponents square off -
The demonstrators' numbers were increased by Cindy Sheehan's vigil outside President Bush's Texas ranch.
- 2005/08/18: AntiWar: No Glory in Dying
- 2005/08/18: AntiWar: Camp Casey vs. Camp Carnage
- 2005/08/18: WSWS: The media and Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/08/17: TruthOut: Antiwar Protester Vows to Continue Vigil Despite Vandalism at Texas Site
- 2005/08/17: CDreams: NYDN: An Army of One
- 2005/08/17: CDreams: Blaming the Antiwar Messengers
- 2005/08/17: CDreams: Nation: Cindy Sheehan's Tragic Critics
- 2005/08/17: ZMag: Action Alert - Organize a Vigil to Support Cindy
- 2005/08/17: ZMag: Blaming Antiwar Messengers
- 2005/08/17: Yahoo: Bush Neighbor Lets War Protesters Use Land
- 2005/08/17: BBC: Vigils to support Sheehan protest
More than 1,000 anti-war vigils are to take place around the United States in support of a bereaved mother protesting outside President Bush's Texas ranch.
- 2005/08/17: FairUse: [Minnesota State Sen. Becky] Lourey, [FBI whistleblower, Coleen] Rowley to join vigil at Bush ranch
- 2005/08/17: FairUse: Smearing Cindy Sheehan
Conservatives are attacking her as a dupe of the left who’s exploiting her dead son. Some relatives have piled on too. But the grieving mother says her well-timed Crawford visit is "my idea, my mission, my vision."
- 2005/08/17: AntiWar: Dispatch From Camp Casey
- 2005/08/17: AntiWar: In Defense of Cindy Sheehan - Drink-soaked Trotskyite popinjay slimes antiwar Mom
- 2005/08/16: BBC: Tensions rise at Bush ranch vigil
- 2005/08/16: uComics: (cartoon - Danziger) Cindy the I.E.D.
- 2005/08/16: CNN: Bush neighbors seek limits on demonstrations
- 2005/08/12: WSBTV: Metro Mothers Take Stand Against Iraq War
- 2005/08/16: CDreams: Salon: The Mother of all Battles
Cindy Sheehan has almost single-handedly launched an American antiwar movement. And in the process, she's exposed a president's feet of clay.
- 2005/08/16: CDreams: Independent(UK): The Grieving Mother Who Took On George Bush
- 2005/08/15: CDreams: Orlando Sentinel: Mother's Iraq-war Protest near Bush Ranch Picks Up Steam -
Hundreds Converge on Peace House, Riling at least One of the President's Neighbors
- 2005/08/16: ICH: We came to bear witness - To speak up for a man who is now forever silent.
- 2005/08/16: CPunch: Mona in a Field of Crosses, at Camp Casey, Texas
- 2005/08/16: CPunch: A Letter to President Bush - Meet with Cindy Sheehan by Rep. Cynthia McKinney
- 2005/08/16: CPunch: Hitchens Slimes Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/08/16: CPunch: Amazing Grace and Cindy
- 2005/08/16: BBC: The husband of a bereaved mother camped outside US President George W Bush's Texas ranch has filed for divorce.
- 2005/08/16: WSWS: Growing support for Cindy Sheehan protest against Iraq war
- 2005/08/16: Asia Times: Cindy, Don and George
- 2005/08/15: CPunch: Pilgrims of Protest in Crawford
- 2005/08/15: ZMag: Cindy, Don, and George - On Being in a Ditch at the Side of the Road
- 2005/08/14: THP: Cindy Sheehan's War
- 2005/08/15: THP: Cindy Sheehan: Day 9 at Camp Casey
- 2005/08/15: TD: Cindy Sheehan's War - Cindy, Don, and George - On Being in a Ditch at the Side of the Road
- 2005/08/15: AntiWar: On Being in a Ditch at the Side of the Road
- 2005/08/12: Nation: The Grief of Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/08/10: PRWatch: Sheehan's Story
- 2005/08/15: ABC(Au): Hundreds join anti-war protest at Bush ranch
- 2005/08/13: Cryptome: Eyeballing the Bush Ranch Protest
- 2005/08/13: CPunch: The Fable of the Emperor and the Grieving Mother
- 2005/08/13: ZMag: Sheehan Strategy
- 2005/08/13: ZMag: Sheehan Bush and Dean
- 2005/08/13: AntiWar: Cindy Sheehan’s Moral Alternative to Bush and Dean
- 2005/08/13: WSWS: Protest at Bush’s ranch gathers momentum - mother of fallen soldier continues to demand meeting with president
- 2005/08/12: THP: It Takes a Village to Smear Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/08/12: WashPost: Cindy Sheehan's Pitched Battle - In a Tent Near Bush's Ranch, Antiwar Mother of Dead Soldier Gains Visibility
- 2005/08/11: Progressive: The Savaging of Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/08/11: HChron: Peace Mom - Mother of soldier killed in Iraq symbolizes nation's desire for justification of war
- 2005/08/11: WFC: This is George Bush's accountability moment
- 2005/08/12: TruthOut: War Mothers, Bush Are Worlds Apart
- 2005/08/12: CDreams: Capital Times: Around US, Iraq Mess Finally Sinks In
- 2005/08/11: CDreams: Letter to Cindy Sheehan by Ray McGovern
- 2005/08/12: CPunch: Mornings with Cindy At the Crawford Peace House
- 2005/08/12: CPunch: Cindy Sheehan's Message - Repudiating Bush and Dean
- 2005/08/12: THP: Cindy Sheehan - Camp Casey: Day 6
- 2005/08/11: THP: Cindy Sheehan Steps Into the Leadership Void
- 2005/08/12: CBC: Soldier's mother keeps vigil outside Bush ranch
- 2005/08/12: CBS: Ranks Swelling At Camp Crawford - Mother Of Slain Troop Has Been Camped Out Since Saturday
- 2005/08/11: BBC: Bush rejects mother's Iraq plea
- 2005/08/11: CPunch: An Open Letter to Cindy Sheehan from Ralph Nader - May You Prevail, Where Others Have Failed
- 2005/08/11: THP: Protester Mom Draws A Crowd
- 2005/08/11: THP: Jodie Evans: My Terrible Common Bond With Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/08/11: THP: Cindy Sheehan: "This is George Bush's Accountability Moment"
- 2005/08/11: BBC: Soldier's mother [Cindy Sheehan] in Bush protest
The mother of a US soldier killed in Iraq, who is holding a roadside protest outside President Bush's Texas ranch, is gaining support from well-wishers.
- 2005/08/11: Yahoo: Grieving Mother's War Protest Draws Notice
- 2005/08/11: Freep: Iraq War Protest: One mother's lonesome vigil - She waits for answers near Bush's ranch
- 2005/08/11: WSWS: Mother [Cindy Sheehan] of fallen soldier camps outside Bush ranch: "Why did you kill my son?"
- 2005/08/10: TomPaine: Sheehan Speaks For A Majority
- 2005/08/10: DVoice: Plaming Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/08/09: WW: Mother of GI killed in Iraq confronts Bush
- 2005/08/09: USNW: Military Families to Join Cindy Sheehan in Crawford; Gold Star and Military Families from Across Country on Their Way to Texas
- 2005/08/10: Guardian(UK): Bereaved mother [Cindy Sheehan] camps outside Bush ranch
- 2005/08/09: InformedComment: Party Over? On Cindy Sheehan
- 2005/08/08: DailyKos: Cindy Sheehan to Be Arrested Thursday
- 2005/08/08: VFP: Cindy Sheehan Address Veterans For Peace Convention
Last modified June 11, 2014